Chapter 10 - Occlumency Lessons

The twins had set a tray of desserts next to the pizza on the table at the Granger's residence when no one was looking. Neville was the first one to grab and eat a canary crème, and immediately changed into a bird. Ginny immediately turned on Fred and George, who were laughing hysterically. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" she shouted, "CHANGE HIM BACK!"

"Well, little sister," answered Fred, "You seem to really care…"

"What happens to Neville," completed George. "Is it possible…"

"That you're both lovebirds?" finished Fred with a grin.

Ginny's face was red as she faced them, "If I could only use magic here…"

"Relax, Ginny," said George.

"Neville will be changing back…" said Fred.

"any second now," said George as with a pop the canary was replaced by Neville, who now looked terrified.

His face was red and he looked down at the floor as he muttered, "I-I guess I should've eaten the pizza first."

Everyone laughed at this statement, but Ginny kept watching Neville after that. He was very quiet and had been very nervous about eating. They played some muggle video games, which Ron in particular had loved after Harry had shown him how to play, although he claimed quidditch and wizard's chess were still better. Neville didn't really get into the games because he kept glancing at the twins, as though afraid they would do something else to him. When it came time for Ginny to portkey home, after she had Neville, Ron, and the twins holding her necklace, she called out the command to go to Grimmauld Place instead of the Burrow. Before anyone could react, she had bat-bogey hexed both Fred and George, and shouted, "That was for what you did to Neville!"

While the twins were fighting mucus bats, Neville stated, "Ginny, you shouldn't have done that. Now you'll be in trouble with the ministry for underage magic."

Ginny grinned, "No I won't. Magic can't be detected here."

Neville looked shocked, "Whose house is this?"

Ginny's ears went pink. She didn't want to give away any secrets. "A friend of Harry's. That's all I can tell you. You can floo home from the fireplace." Neville flooed home, and Ginny released Fred and George from her hex. Before they could retaliate, she'd pulled out her portkey and had them grab on.

-ASM-

The next morning, which was a Saturday, Harry and Hermione arrived at Grimmauld Place at 7:45 a.m. for their first occlumency lesson. Hermione asked, "Do you think we should get the trunk out of the attic for Professor Lupin?"

"I suppose so," agreed Harry, and so they walked hand-in-hand toward the attic and released the charms protecting it.

Hermione levitated the painting out of the way and asked, "Should we put this in the trunk?"

Harry chuckled, "No. We know what it does, and we have the cure. I may even want to use it on someone as a joke sometime. Maybe Filch."

Hermione shook her head, "What? You can't be serious! Maybe I should give it to Professor Dumbledore!"

"Sirius isn't concerned about it, so giving it to Dumbledore would be stealing!"

"So would taking it to Hogwarts," replied Hermione.

Harry chuckled, "Not if I got Sirius' permission."

Hermione paled, knowing that the marauder would definitely approve of her boyfriend's planned prank.

"Permission for what?" asked Ginny, who had just arrived. "What are you doing with that painting?"

Harry answered, "Permission to take this painting to Hogwarts and leave it somewhere for Filch to find it."