She's On The Dark Side

“The ic’jits...”

Bo’thuiarll lets his livid unhappiness show on his face. He leaves no explanation when trailing off, because he is the one owed such a thing right now.

Paya ‘Aseigan (servant of Paya), the hish-qu-ten who was once his mentor and who is now an Elder himself, bows his head in guilt, sighs heavily, then, looks up and tells him, “A test for you, my friend. Two birds and one stone, as the oomans say. The Elders may have brought you back, but you are very much still on probation.”

Bo’thuiarll snarls quietly in protest. “I have no problem with any tests you want to throw at me. But the Yayinde [Brave One] is off-limits.”

Paya ‘Aseigan scoffs, looks amused as he says, “They’re ic’jits. They have no code. What do you expect?”

Bo’thuiarll snarls louder and angrier and says, “I expect not to have shit kept from me!”

This time, Paya ‘Aseigan snarls back, short and sharp and final, silencing the younger hish-qu-ten. “Have you already forgotten that I’m the only pauking reason you were actually given a second chance?! If it wasn’t for me, they would’ve have just tossed you on an experimenting slab for the rest of your life, like the rest of the poor clones they make! You are NOT special, Bo’thuiarll! You are young and reckless in your anger, and that is why you failed! No matter how worthy this ooman-di is, you still failed!”

Bo’thuiarll rumbles unhappily, leering up his friend’s holoform.

Paya ‘Aseigan takes a moment to breathe and calm his own anger. He’s slightly more sympathetic when he says, “A creature as weak as an ooman has never bested one of our kind before. You know this. So, I know you understand why The Elders want just a little bit of proof that it wasn’t just bad luck on your part and good luck on hers. And...you did well, my friend.” He’s careful with his words, tilting his head and staring curiously as he adds, “You did not want to kill her. But you did try, still. And she still killed you. And now, she has killed an ex-Elite in less time than it took to kill you, and has proved herself fully to us.”

Bo’thuiarll blinks, takes a moment to think about whether he’s still pissed off or not before quietly (hopefully) asking, “Then...I can kill the last?”

Paya ‘Aseigan smirks, eyes twinkling with smug amusement as he very casually says, “And miss the opportunity to hunt with your little ooman-di? Yes, if you wish.”

Bo’thuiarll’s eyes narrow. “I do not like how easy this all is. The Mark–“

“Still stands, of course it does.” Paya ‘Aseigan nods. “The Elders will recognise her as sain’ji. [warrior.] Have you given it to her yet?”

Bo’thuiarll blinks, then, huffs quietly and mutters, “Not yet. Tonight. I am...still making preparations.”

It’s almost sundown. Almost time for when she promised to return to him.

And instead of feeling excited, like he should be, he feels angered by his carelessness. He dares not tell Paya ‘Aseigan about his slip up, knowing he’ll just end up being lectured on being so hot-headed (as always.)

Although, to be fair, he really did think she would be pleased with his gift. In his culture, any female left unsatisfied would have the right to castrate or behead their male partner, as slowly as they wished.

The little ooman got off lightly as far as he’s concerned. A quick death, for a quick cocked little ooman.

Paya ‘Aseigan laughs knowingly, now highly amused. “Yes, ooman-dis [female humans] usually like their males to look pretty and be pyode. I’m so happy you’ve finally encountered a female who gives you difficulties. It’s about pauking time, you cjit. [shit.]”