○ smoke ○

SMOKE RAN THROUGH THE trees as he held you in his arms. the both of you were on patrol for the lin kuei only a few minutes ago. however, you were ambushed by enemy forces who had managed to find the two of you. smoke only had minimal injuries, whilst you were bleeding out from deep gashes.

he looked down at you, worry on his face when he noticed that your eyes could barely keep open. smoke looked back up as he saw the lin kuei base up ahead. "just a few more minutes, y/n.." he reassured, holding you tighter as he began to sprint even faster.

○○○

the monitor beeped as it showed your steady heartbeat. smoke watched you, awaiting any changes; good or bad. scorpion walked in, standing besides smoke as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "they are strong, smoke. i assure you, they will survive" he told him. "they've lost a lot of blood-" "to which we found a willing donor. we just have to wait for them to wake up" scorpion reassured as smoke went silent as his expression filled with sorrow, looking at you.

"..do you think this is your fault?" the ninja questioned, looking at his companion. smoke looked at scorpion. "i should've done more to protect them. maybe then, it would be me in that bed, not them" he spoke, making scorpion shake his head.

"you realize that if that were to happen, they would be in the same state as you currently are now, right? they would constantly be worried about whether or not you'd awake" scorpion explained, making smoke look away as he sighed. "you both care a lot about each other, so much to the point where you would place yourselves in harm's way to protect the other; and that's dangerous, smoke" he added.

"i..understand what your point is, scorpion" smoke replied, making the other male nod in response. "then i will leave the two of you be.." the ninja said as he left the room. smoke looked back at you, frowning underneath his mask.

"i truly apologize, y/n.." he said as he looked down, the monitor continuing to beep.

○○○○○
lowkey trying to practice writing smoke and scorpion