▪ s. zero ▪

YOU WATCHED AS SUB-ZERO paced. "you can't ignore the old grandmaster's teachings, sub-zero" you spoke, making him stop and look at you. "you three always say that. it's a new generation with a new grandmaster-" "that doesn't mean that you can break the foundation that was left for us to build upon-!" "why must you always criticize me? i didn't put you as my second-in-command for you to nag at me" he spoke, narrowing his eyebrows.

"well, maybe i wouldn't have to 'nag' you if you actually listened to smoke, scorpion, and i! besides, with the direction you're taking us in, the lin kuei will go to ruin!" you replied as you felt the room becoming cold. "look, i understand that you're serious about being a good grandmaster or whatever, but you can't only listen to yourself. the suggestions of your brothers and the other members matter too; the lin kuei isn't just sub-zero, it's all of us" you explained.

sub-zero didn't reply as he walked around the room, looking at scrolls and papers. "you always ignore me whenever i bring this up, i'm not letting it slide this time!" you said as you noticed his grip tighten on the papers. "sub-zero, answer me! you only ignore me because you know i'm right!" you exclaimed, to no avail. you growled. "bi-han!"

you swiftly dodged an ice blast from the male, your eyes wide. sub-zero turned to face you as he put his hand at his side. "i am the grandmaster, you are the second-in-command. you will not tell me how to do my job" he spoke angrily, his expression softening as he saw the fear in your face. "..sorry sub-zero" you apologized, averting your eyes. "..you are dismissed" sub-zero said as you quickly left the room.

the male sighed as he looked out of the window, reflecting on his actions and the conversation as a whole.

▪▪▪▪
im really grinding on this kenshi x reader rn, so apologies if these oneshots feel rushed and short