♡ liu kang ♡

"AND..THERE!" YOU SPOKE as you placed the last flower into liu kang's hair. the god then turned to look into your hand-held mirror. white daises decorated his hair, making him smile. "i look amazing. you did a good job as always, my love" he complimented as you hugged him happily. liu kang hugged back, his smile widening. "oh yeah, i have to check on the tea!" you exclaimed, quickly standing up and rushing towards the house.

liu kang stood up, the flowers in the field brushing against his pants. he picked a flower from his hair, inspecting it as his smile slowly faded. you were his first thought when he restarted history. you had died a brutal death in the last timeline, and he wasn't ever able to live it down. for this timeline, he would try his hardest to keep you from harm, hence why he made this realm specifically for you.

nobody but the two of you knew it existed. it was like your happy place of sorts; and it had everything you needed. liu kang would visit everyday to make sure you were safe and happy.

now, sometimes he would think that he's trapping you in this realm. maybe you were curious if there were other places with other people? he would've had to deny you entrance to earthrealm, and he knew that you would be disappointed. liu kang knew that he was being overprotective; but he couldn't let history repeat itself, he wouldn't allow it.

the petals of the daisy curled, soon flying from the god's hand. "you'll be happy here, my love..it's for your own safety.." he muttered to himself as you walked over with a tray. "it's hibiscus, your favorite!" you told him as he grabbed one of the cups. "you did not have to" liu kang spoke, grabbing one of the cups. "well, i did anyways because you're amazing" you replied, smiling sweetly at him.

there it was..the reason he kept you here. liu kang smiled, cupping your face with one of his hands. "your smile can set even a god's heart ablaze.." he told you, leaning in. liu kang kissed you passionately. you happily kissed back, the two of you pulling away after a few seconds. "like i said..amazing.." you said, flustered.

"let us enjoy this wonderful tea" the god spoke as both of you sat down. "let's do cheers! cheers to..." your voice trailed off as you tried to think of something, grabbing the other cup. liu kang chuckled. "cheers to us, my love. more so, cheers to you; without you, i don't know where i would be.." he said as he held his cup up. you blushed, the cups making a soft 'clink' as they touched.

♡♡♡♡♡
GUYS, what if i make a liu kang x reader with an original story?? well, im doing that anyways with a plot similiar to this

liu kang is genuinely such a comfort character of mine, and i never realized it until i started to get really happy whenever i played as him in mk11 or saw content of him.
johnny and kenshi may be my favorites, but liu kang has my heart