Chapter 1

Jayson Smith

I was not at all excited about starting my junior year of high school
because I had always had a terrible experience there. I got up at 6:35 a.m. I did not give a damn about what other people thought of me, though, because, let us face it, most of them were just pitiful, desperate wannabes.

Moreover, one of my closest friends, Matthew, is a junior. Buffy, a junior, Tiffany, a sophomore, and Carter, a sophomore, are my four closest friends. As I came down the stairs, my younger brother Ashton ran to greet me.

I also said, "Awe, good morning, buddy." I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, and he said he wanted a small breakfast burrito with franks red hot, eggs, sausage, bacon, peppers, and onions.

"Okay, buddy, I made his burrito and put on one of his favorite shows The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.

I went upstairs to the bathroom where I had a shower, brushed my teeth, and took out my retainers."

After that, I went to my room to get ready. I put on my clothes, deodorant, and glasses. I then grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. My mom then asked to take Ashton and I's customary first-day-of-school photo, which I heard her ask. Okay, I told my mother.

Although Ashton can be a pain in the neck, I still love my little  brother and accept that he is only nine years old. After we took the photo I kissed my mom and Ashton on the cheek.

It is still difficult not having my older sister around; Marissa would help with me and Ashton when we were younger, but I had to carry that responsibility now because she is now in her second year of medical school and doing extremely well, and we are all very proud of her.

After leaving the house, I went to my white and black 2021 Toyota Camry. Fortunately, I am not too tall or too short to fit in my car at 5'10.5". I love my car. I threw in my keys, started the car, and drove to school, waving at my mom and Ashton.

Even though he is not usually called in early to work, my dad texted me to wish me a happy first day of junior year. I love you very much buddy, and I am so proud of all that you have accomplished. I hope your first day is fantastic. I will do my best to express my gratitude to you, dad, in the text I sent. I love you very much too dad.

Cody Pierce

I was completely unprepared when my alarm went off at 6:00 in the morning. My younger siblings, Colin and Maddy, were fast asleep when I went to wake them.

Wake up it's the first day of school. I don't wanna begin third grade. Maddy, I do not want to go to fifth grade either, so please, Cody, can I just stay home? Colin, I apologize that you two do not want to go, but you both have to.

As soon as I saw my second youngest sister Tiffany emerge from the shower, I said "good morning" and she responded, "ugh, back to this bullshit again." Oh, I am sorry. I also wanted to say happy morning to you too. Maddy said, "Hey, cheer up, buttercup I said ."

Tiffany simply rolled her eyes and went to her room to put on makeup and get ready for school.

I hurried downstairs to make pancakes and poured chocolate milk into glasses for Maddy and Colin after I asked them what they wanted for breakfast. I announced, "Chocolate milk and pancakes are right up." Hearing that their elder brother makes the world's best pancakes brings me joy, as they seemed genuinely content.