Dance

Oh, this rehearsal for Teacher's Day really exhausted us! It's supposed to be just dances... Dances! Not a waltz, not ballet, not Hip-Hop, just a regular dance! Yet, my legs were aching as if I had run for miles. Our partners were not teachers but other students. Teachers, it seems, had no idea about this "grand" idea. I'll have a good laugh when they find out about it! Yes... I'll be laughing and crying at the same time. I'll be dancing with her! The one I'm afraid to encounter; and I even argued with her... I surprise myself because if anyone else were in her place, I would easily dismiss them. But this woman is something else...

The day before the holiday, Miss Solji gathered us again. Tired, hungry, completely exhausted, we assembled in her office.

Well, endure a little more! Tomorrow you'll perform, and it will be a weight off your shoulders... So, let's meet tomorrow at 4:00 PM in the same office. Everyone should come dressed in black and white. Black trousers for everyone. White shirts for boys, white blouses for girls. And yes, don't forget the black hats!

"Oh, like a Michael Jackson concert!" someone, apparently, still had the strength to say something...

Everyone laughed together... The last bits of energy were spent on laughter.

Okay, that's enough! And Gahyeon, Dami, and Yoohyeon, stay back," the teacher said, searching for something in her bag," Everyone else is free!"

Within seconds, our classmates were swept away like a gust of wind.

"Why us?.. It's always like this, darn it..."with a mournful groan of despair, I lay down on the desk.

"Girls, it won't take much time. I need you to deliver these invitations to all the teachers. Here, each of you take five. Go ahead! Yoohyeon, no sleeping!" the homeroom teacher handed us the invitations.

I reluctantly went to distribute them. While I crawled like a turtle, the girls had already returned with empty hands.

"You're not done yet?! Come on, faster already," Dami urged me.

"You should have helped, there are still two left..."

Gahyeon took one of the invitations and quickly disappeared.

Okay... And who is this for?" I looked at the invitation and... did you all conspire, or what?!

Seeing my reaction, Dami couldn't hold back her laughter.

"Why are you avoiding it like the devil? No, carry it yourself!"

"Come on... Ask for anything...,."I made pleading eyes in the style of that famous cat from "Shrek." Apparently, this trick always works because my classmate changed her mind.

Dami's cunning eyes sparkled. Well, she's a real fox!

"I just got an essay assignment in english..."

Okay, okay, I get it!

Luckily, I'm friends with english. Writing an essay for me is not a problem. Relieved, I handed that cursed invitation to Dami.

"But you're coming with me!"

"Stop?! We didn't agree on that... "but, of course, they didn't let me negotiate. My friend literally dragged me to that "ominous" biology classroom.

The door was open. It only lacked a sign saying "Welcome!" really!

Standing by the door, I waited for Dami. Miss Kim didn't notice her right away and got a little scared, and Dami too.

But I stood there, leaning against the doorframe, enjoying this scene. Yes... The circus is taking a break!