Confessions in the Rain

"I don't play anymore, not at all! The desire to see, feel, kiss this woman grows with each passing day... This argument, this stupid dispute, has turned into a real, strong feeling... I step on the same rake, but she's not like that at all... Probably. I've fallen in love. No! It's time to end this! Tomorrow I'll tell Siyeon that she wins - and that's it! Escaping the battlefield suits me just fine now... Pretending that nothing happened after this trip is the only right decision... For her and for me. But you can't deceive the heart! It's already used to skipping its crazy rhythm when she's around... My body burns from her touch... My lips crave a kiss. My entire organism, all my organs work on a battery whose charge depends only on her!"

My thoughts significantly worsened the weather... Cold wind, rain, and, of course, I didn't take an umbrella! Covering myself with a bag, I somehow made it to school. My friends were already there.

"Hi!" Gahyeon said cheerfully. "So, how was the shower?"

I almost laughed... Quickly taking off my wet clothes, I headed to the locker room. "Yeah... I look quite wet, well, nothing... Biology will dry me off," though these thoughts were not as cheerful as they could be. I let my hair down, if, of course, they could be called that; they looked more like thin ropes. Gahyeon and I went to biology. Miss Jiu wasn't in the classroom yet. Even with the lights on, it was a bit dark, wet umbrellas stood in the corner.

"What's wrong with you?" Siyeon looked at me with concern.

"What's wrong with me?" I caught myself looking at one point and speaking quietly.

"Tell me what happened on the bus? You were left alone... And..."

"And nothing happened!" unable to hold back, I shouted. Perhaps seeing my terrible mood, Siyeon didn't bother me anymore and went about her business. Sighing, I lay down on the desk and tried to calm down.

"Hello!" a loud, painfully familiar voice made me look at its owner. Unlike me, Miss Jiu arrived in a strangely good mood. The black sundress with a decent slit suited her perfectly. Putting her red bag on the table, she energetically started placing microscopes on the desks.

"So, as I warned you, today we are doing a lab. You can read about its essence on page thirty-six. The lab will take the whole lesson, so don't rush. You will write all the calculations in your notebooks and hand them over to me for review."

"What lab work? What calculations?" That's a surprise!

"I understand that you're feeling crappy right now, but maybe you can help me?" Siyeon asked.

"What can I do..." after these words, I immersed myself in the work. This fascinating activity drew me in so much that I even forgot about my heavy thoughts... The lesson passed quickly, and finishing the last sentence, I went to hand in my sheet.

"Why a sheet?"

"You took my notebook..."

"Oh... Right... Come to me after classes, I'll give it back," she said, not paying attention to me.

"Something definitely happened to you... By the way, did she return your headphones? I was passing them on," she said.

"Damn, I've been searching for them since morning... No one passed anything to me. I hope she didn't take them for her own use.

"By the way, two more days... And the deadline for our bet expires. Are we going to extend it?"

"It's too early to rejoice. I still have time..." and why can't I surrender? I can't, that's all.

It was getting dark. Miss Solji detained us, girls, to draw a poster for the autumn ball. Well, what can I say, I definitely don't have a talent for drawing. So, I just observed the whole process and hoped that this eternal drizzle would finally stop. The girls were already getting ready to go home. Hastily dressing, they had already headed to the exit and waited for me there while I struggled with the zipper on my jacket.