Driving me crazy

"Is there Biology today?" Siyeon asked me, dribbling a basketball in circles.

"We haven't seen each other for four days."

"Did you quarrel again?" she took my elbow and made me sit on a bench.

The sounds of bouncing balls and the shouts of classmates filled the school gym. Yet, I wasn't in the mood for a game. Since that day, since that very day, I hadn't seen her. I lacked the courage to call her, and I was afraid to come in person under the pretext of care. Besides, why bother? Her boyfriend surely entertained her well.

"When will you become bolder? Believe me, when I started this argument, I couldn't have imagined it would escalate this much. After all, it's serious, isn't it?"

"More than serious, at least from my side," I replied.

"Girls, enough lounging around!" the teacher glared at us, forcing us to return to the sports atmosphere.

Throw after throw, the basketball sailed straight into the target.

"Great job, Yoohyeon!" praised the teacher.

"Waiting for Biology class has a positive effect on you," said Gahyeon making a three-point shot.

"And you're not falling behind, little one!" With ball exchanges, we raced around the gym like mad.

Time was passing very slowly, and I mentally urged it forward.

"Who are we waiting for? Half the class has passed; she won't come!" a student yelled, trying to convince everyone that we were wasting time and should already go home.

The Biology classroom was filled with unbearable noise. The teacher was absent, so the zoo began its work. Music played in me, making everything much easier. Easier to relax, think, dream, live, love...

Siyeon's hand vigorously pulled my shoulder. Taking off one earphone, I looked at her questioningly, and she nodded towards the board. Gazing lazily ahead, I was nearly blinded. Before me stood that same love... Miss Jiu was trying to calm the class, and noticing my gaze, she smiled at me like sunshine. Finally, I felt calm, her healthy appearance, her presence beside me. I beamed with happiness, but not for long...

"Oh! I'm so glad you've recovered! This is for you!" My classmate ran up to the teacher and handed her a chocolate bar.

"Oh, how nice, someone is making me happy. Thank you!" After these words, she hugged the girl, and in return, the classmate planted a kiss on her cheek...

"Alright, Yoohyeon.. Don't start," Siyeon said quietly.

But it was too late. I didn't know where to channel my anger. Turning towards the window, I gazed at the slowly falling snow, my only true, reliable friend. How I needed its cool embrace, how I craved the purity of its snowy image.

"The bell..." Siyeon sadly looked at me. "They are still talking, so let's go."

Jumping up abruptly, I haphazardly threw my things into my bag and rushed to the exit. Running into the corridor, I heard someone's gentle, quiet voice. The cold water in the restroom cooled my anger, but another feeling, regret, lingered.

"How are you?" The girls entered the restroom.

"Fine. Just... Damn! What is she thinking?" Punching the wall with my fist, all my anger was instantly reflected on it.

"Stop! What happened? She's just showing care!" Gahyeon shook me by the shoulders. "Calm down..."

Closing my eyes, a veil of mixed emotions enveloped me. And there, my nasty temper took the lead.