I Fell In Love With A Suicidal Emo Chapter 17

(A/N) Sorry this took long

***

I woke up on top of my bed, still wearing the clothes I wore the day before. I looked around my room for a sign telling me that last night was a dream. I scanned the room and realised something was missing. Slowly I sat up and looked around again. Suddenly I remembered the picture Courtney ripped last night. I ran to the bin and found little shreds of what was once a full picture.

“Brooke?” Mum called as she knocked on the door.

“Yeah?” I managed to mumble. I didn’t realise I was frozen in the same spot for almost five minutes.

“You’re late for school. What’s going on?” Mum slowly opened the door.

“Can I stay home today?” I looked into her eyes trying not to show the anger and sadness I was trying to hide.

“Um, ok sure.” She said awkwardly before walking out and closing the door with a little thud.

I walked into the bathroom for a quick shower before wearing my pyjamas and hopping back into bed. I laid in bed thinking, until I finally fell asleep.

My dream felt very familiar. I was in the same garden where Slayter and I nearly kissed. I looked down at myself and I was wearing the same outfit. I felt a bit disappointed when I couldn’t see Slayter and I sat down a meter from the pond.

“Brooke?” A husky voice questioned.

“Slayter!” I squealed as I jumped up to hug him.

“You can’t be here. You need to run.” He whispered to me as he frantically looked around.

“What? Why?” I stuttered.

“They’re coming. Don’t worry I’ll keep you safe.” He stroked a strand of blonde hair out of my face.

Slayter took my hand and we ran through the garden. We dodged trees and jumped over small bushes.

“They’re catching up. Come on Brooke we need to go faster.” His voice sounded panicked.

Suddenly we were standing in front of a huge old wooden shed. Slayter opened the large door for me and I got in. He slowly and carefully closed the door after him, making sure not to make a sound.

“What are we hiding from?” I whispered to him as he peeped through a crack in the wall.

“You mean who we are hiding from.” He gave me a quick glance before continuing to peep outside.

I found a wide enough crack to get a good look outside. There was nothing but beautiful rose bushes and bright green trees. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, Courtney stood in front of the shed. She looked left, then right with a scowl on her face.

“We lost them,” Rachel spoke in a disappointed tone. She came out from the left side of the garden.

“I’m guessing you lost them too.” Courtney glared at Natalie who appeared from the right side of the garden.

“I’m going to check the shed.” I felt Courtney’s gaze hit the crack which i was peeping through. I turned my head to look at Slayter but he was gone.

“Slayter?” I whispered.

“Brooke up here,” I heard his voice coming from behind me.

I ran and climbed up the wooden ladder at the back of the shed, leading to a large shelf with hay stacks.

“Behind here,” Slayter lead me behind some stacks of hay where we could not be seen.

The door burst open and Courtney and the rest of the cheerleading squad marched in with looks that could kill.