I Fell In Love With A Suicidal Emo Chapter 9

After I had my shower I got dressed and practiced a little bit of my routine. I still felt a bit hurt from my dad's comment but I decided to push it far away from my mind so I can concentrate on the routine.

I heard my phone ring and looked around my room until I spotted it.

"Hey Court" I chirped.

"Hey babe, I'm outside" Courtney put on a flirtatious voice.

"I'm coming" I quickly said before I hung up and grabbed all my stuff. When I was sure I grabbed everything I ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Bye mum, wish me luck" I jumped in the spot.

"Good luck sweetie" She embraced me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"You'll surely win this" Maddie gave me a huge hug.

"Aw thanks Maddie." I blew her a kiss then ran out the front door.

I spotted Courtney in my car on the side of the road.

I reached in to open the front passenger seat when I realised there was a guy already seated there. I dramatically sighed and slid into the back seat.

"Brooke this is Chad. Chad this is Brooke." Courtney introduced us.

"Hey" I smiled at Chad.

"Hey cutie" He winked back at me. There was something strange about the way he did it. It looked like a devious kind of wink rather than a flirty one.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and looked out the window every time Courtney and Chad decided to make out at a red light.

When we arrived at school I didn't hesitate to get out of the car. I couldn't take it anymore. She's known this guy for two hours and they're acting like they've been going out for years.

When Courtney finally decided to get out of my car I pulled her to the side away from Chad.

"Where did you meet this guy?" I sounded a little bit paranoid which I was.

"MSN, he was one of those random adds so I'm all like want to watch me do my cheerleading routine tonight and he's all like yeah." She wanted to go on but I stopped her.

"Just be careful Court he seems a little weird." I warned her.

"To you he might because you've changed your taste to emos but when you get your good taste back you'll see he's just a total hottie." She replied with attitude then walked off with Chad.

I just stood there for a second stunned at what just happened. I slowly made my way to the girls change rooms where all my cheerleaders were except for Courtney.

"Okay girls. We are going to win this!" They all cheered with me.

"Yay, Yay. Can you go and do this already?" Courtney burst in with attitude.

"What's wrong with you?" I was now concerned.

"Well if we don't go out there now I'm going to die of old age!" She yelled in my face.

I felt like crying. What is going on today?

All the other girls just stared with shock. Courtney was supposed to be my best friend. What's got her acting like this?

The announcer called us out so I had to put on a fake smile to not make my misery obvious.

We did our first routine which made the crowd go wild but it didn't seem as though Courtney put as much heart in it as she usually does.

As we moved to the sidelines I looked through the crowd on the stalls for any familiar faces.

I saw a few but didn't really care until I saw Slayter. My heart felt as though it was about to leap out of my chest. I started to feel a little light headed. What is going on with me? I've never felt like this before.