Chapter Seven

"Hell was the journey but it brought me heaven."

Nyxa

From the minute she landed on Sokovia, multiple bots were on her. The piece of land was rising alarmingly high. The idea of an increasing altitude was worrying- the people of this universe seemed to have problems when it came to their breathing. Plus they'd sat Nyxa down after the whole 'multiple people drowning and a building collapsing' incident to explain the situations in which people here could die.

She did everything she could, focusing on taking down the flying robots while making sure all the people were being sent into the lifeboats. She hated to admit it but she was thriving.
Yes, peoples' lives being in danger stressed her out immensely but her body knew what to do.

While her S.H.I.E.L.D missions were fulfilling there was something different about this, being right in the thick of it. Another thing Nyxa was aware of was the growth in her powers since she got here- this universe. She wasn't sure what exactly had caused it but she took notice of it.

Two bots were headed right for her, dangerously near a large group of people swarming to safety.
Shadows ribboned out from her arms, wrapped around her wrists. Catching both bots, Nyxa turned her body, the robots being swung overhead in an almost circle before she released them, sending the metal figures into a crumbling building so hard they shattered on impact.

"Thank you!" A woman shouted before hurrying herself and another man towards the life boat.
Nyxa didn't know what it was but the words unlocked something in her, something old and unfamiliar now. She felt important, more specifically, like she was doing something important. It was so good to be useful, to feel like you had a purpose. She gave a smile before moving forward.

The group of people were still unsafe, not yet loaded up, when there were at least five robots headed right for them.
Nyxa's arms raised and black walls shot up, surrounding the people and making the bots fly right into them before crashing over. She barely felt out of breath.

Making sure everyone was secure and the lifeboat full, Nyxa moved on. A robot flew into her from behind, sending her crashing to the ground. Using her momentum, she rolled for a moment before landing in a steady enough crouch. A pain twinged in her knee from where she'd landed on a rock. That was gonna bruise.
Her hand landed on one of her guns before she took aim and shot several bullets.

Another robot joined the fight and now two large hands of shadow stretched out, grabbing the metal men by their necks and squeezing. Two bodies dropped to the ground, followed by their heads soon after.

Nyxa looked around, her area was clear. She wasn't sure what the Avengers were doing as she had no means of communicating with them. Hearing the sound of an engine and instinctively spinning, her shadows automatically shot towards the yellow truck before she recognized the person driving it.

"Get in!"

Wasting no time in doing so, Nyxa ran over and climbed aboard. Natasha immediately took off, crushing over and driving through multiple robots.

"Romanoff," Nyxa greeted, tension only slightly apparent.

"It's about time," Natasha smirked.

Nyxa only took a breath. Her being her didn't mean she was saying yes to the Initiative. "Nothing's set. You guys just need an extra hand."