Chapter Fifteen

"Stop touching me with your eyes."

Wanda

Consciousness came slowly but her headache did not. Awaking to the pounding of her head, Wanda's eyes blinked open hesitantly, feeling incredibly grateful to see the thick curtains closed tight and the light off with the door closed. Memories hit her and she quickly spun to the space beside her. Nothing.

The sight of Nyxa's empty space had Wanda's heart speeding up with worry and disappointment, making her swallow thickly. She really hoped Nyxa wouldn't be cold or strange about what had happened last night. Just thinking about it all, Nyxa's lips and body, how rough and desperate she was with her touches, made Wanda smile.
If Nyxa was reacting badly to this, it would hurt more than it should.

Hesitantly and painfully, Wanda headed out, adjusting to the lights outside Nyxa's bedroom. Thankfully all the curtains in the house appeared to be closed so the sun didn't hurt her sore eyes. God, her head was killing her.

Heading to the kitchen, following the smell of bacon and general greasy food, the redhead walked unsteadily. She saw Nyxa, hair in a casual low loop with shorts and an almost cropped top on. Wanda paused at the sight, terrified as it caused her to fall even harder for the Avenger.
Worse than that, Nyxa was wearing socks... and slippers. This wasn't fair.

Nyxa looked so casual in her own space, her own apartment. Wanda loved the sight so much it hurt her chest.

"Morning," Nyxa greeted. Two tendrils reached out, pulling out a chair for her and setting two placemats down.

"Good morning."
Okay, so Nyxa had sounded normal. Maybe too normal? She hadn't looked up though... but her body didn't seem tense and she didn't look awkward. At all. She actually looked really good. Really, really good. Like married and living together while being made breakfast good.
Her insides burnt at the thought.

"Are you hungry?"

Normal tone. Casual. Friendly. That was fine- oh, she'd forgotten to answer. "Yes. Very." Wanda forced herself to be present. She was starving actually. Sitting down in the pulled out chair, she let out a groan. "My head's killing me."

"I already put some tablets out. There's tea too."

Wanda blinked as she realized there was indeed. She took the pills and swallowed them with the tea. "You know how I drink it?"

"I know how everyone in the compound takes their drinks," Nyxa smiled, finally looking up. When she did her pruple eyes darted to Wanda's neck for a moment before looking away and refocusing. The redhead frowned but moved on.

A shadowed hand placed a plate of food before her, bacon, eggs, and toast. Her stomach grumbled.

"It'll help the hangover."

Saying thanks and quickly digging in, Wanda allowed herself to watch Nyxa. Surely she was intitled to do that?
Afterall, Nyxa had had her against a wall, kissing and biting her neck and chest with her tongue down her throat. The Sokovian thought it was more than okay to stare.

Nyxa took a seat, seeming casual as ever. "So, is there anything you wanted to do today or do you just want to relax here?"

Blinking at the question and comfortable tone, that worry in her grew. Wanda found that she might have actually preferred to have Nyxa acting strange afterall. At least that way she'd be sure something had happened the night before and that it meant as much to the literal alien in the kitchen as it did to her.
"Staying here is good."