The kids are alright

We spent the next few weeks pretty much inseparable. I was around his most of the time the boys weren't there, we went for dinner with his friends, we hung out quietly just us, and boy did we enjoy sex!

After three months of seeing each other I met the boys properly. It was a big thing. I'd met them briefly on set, but spent no time with them, and now I was there as their dad's girlfriend - it was different.

Will had organised heading out for a meal and then heading to an adventure place they'd wanted to go to for a while. Archie was 9, he was smart and asked me lots of sensible get to know you type questions over dinner. Abel was 7 and was just excited to be heading to the park. It was sweet.

"So how come you can live here then?" Archie asked referring the the fact I was British.

"Well I was born in New York"

"We were too!" Abel interrupted.

"That's cool! All of the best people are born there! So I am technically a duel citizen"

"Like us and Canada? Right Dad?"

"Right" he looked proud.

"Dad had to take the citizen test to get to stay here once he and mom weren't together " Archie announced.

"Was it tough?" I asked Will.

"I bet 99% of 'citizens' couldn't do it!" He joked.

"How come you were born here?" Archie asked again.

"So my dad was in the army, and we moved about and my mum and brother lived all over the place. She found a really good job as a lawyer in New York and was there for when I was born. My older brother was born in France."

"Is your dad still in the army?"

"No he retired from that. He was a medic, and now he's a surgeon"

"That sounds important"

"I guess so, my brother is a doctor as well, they're all kinda important"

"So you're the let down" Archie joked and both Will and I fully laughed out loud. "Like not being mean..." he worried he'd upset me.

"No you're right. Totally the rubbish one in the family cos I don't save lives"

"Right let's stop pointing out our failures before we get to me shall we?" Will changed the subject and we ordered the boys a slushy before heading home.

"Have you been staying here lots?" Abel asked as we got back to the house and Will sorted some drinks for everyone.

"Sophie has been having a few sleepovers , yeah buddy. That ok?"

"Yeah, Do you stay in dad's room?" He added.

"I do yeah" I smiled.

"Are you staying tonight?" Archie chipped in now.

"Umm I was going to head back home and give you boys some space" I felt like they needed to be able to talk about things without me there.

"You can stay, right dad?" Abel looked sad that I would leave.

"I mean, yeah. That sounds good to me. You alright with that Archie?"

"Doesn't bother me" he shrugged "you any good at breakfast? Dad's kinda just a cereal guy"

"I can do pancakes" they both looked very excited.

"Sounds like a plan, right kiddos, go and watch some tv for a bit, you've got bed in 45 minutes" Will in dad mode was rather hot. He gave them both a ruffle of their hair and they skipped off discussing what to watch first.

"Well you're a fucking hit" he crooned swooping in and lifting me onto the kitchen counter as soon as he knew they were away.

"Yeah? You sure? I've been really fucking nervous"

"Fuck yeah!" His Canadian twang made me giggle. "Like it's not like they've really met other girlfriends so I've not got much of a barometer but Abel doesn't want you to leave Archie's taking digs, I think that's a firm 'they like you'"

"Phew!" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"It's a firm, I like you from me as well" he smiled before kissing me and pulling me to him.

"Good. I like you too"

"And you're staying the night which I always like" he seemed really happy, it was wonderful. We joined the kids in the tv room and sat and chilled together. Will put the boys to bed and I gave them some space and a time to talk about me if they wanted.

"How'd it go?" I asked as he flopped on the sofa next to me.

"Stop your worrying. They didn't say all that much. Archie asked if his mom was ok with this all and when I said she'd set us up he almost seemed relived. I think he didn't want to like you if she didn't. Which I guess is cute. And Abel is excited for pancakes in the morning and wants to know what car you have."

"Ha!"

"7 year olds are fucking nuts. But it's all good. You can stop worrying and we just go about being us, and enjoying us" he put his arm around me and pulled me to his side "and I am thoroughly enjoying being us!"

"Me too! Although I guess going public is a thing" I felt him sigh under me.

"Fucking Hollywood"

"Got any ideas?"

"Nope! We just head to an event I guess. And maybe you can hold my hand" he joked

"I'd love to"