Chapter 9 - Magnet

"Oh my~ aren't they cute? I wish I can be 15 again or Michiyo be a little older~" 

"Inukai, w-why are you taking pictures?" 

"But Tosa-kun, they're so cute together! Mikoshiba-kun acts like a jerk but this proves he really likes Michiyo-chan~!" 

Mikoshiba groaned because his sleep was being disturbed by three men who were for some reason happily chatting right outside his cell. 'I feel comfortable. This is the first time I actually had a good night's sleep after going through Trap Reaction...' Mikoshiba tried to go back to sleep and ignore the happy chitchat. He hugged what he thought was a pillow close to him and that made Inukai squeal.

"Kahh....!!!!"

This time, Mikoshiba woke up for real. He glared angrily at Inukai's way but then he heard the sound of a soft sigh not coming from him but it was so close. He looked down and he's looking at the top of Michiyo's head. "...Hah?" He thought he was hugging a pillow?! Why was it her?! Wait, why was he on the bottom bunk of the bed?!

"Hee-?!" Michiyo was grabbed from the front of her shirt, Mikoshiba was looking at her with a threatening look! "Shibaken, good morning?" 

"Why did you sleep on the bottom bunk when you can see I was occupying it?" 

"Eh? Eh??? But you were so sick from car sickness and you nearly fell off the bed so I thought I'd sleep on the outside to stop you rolling off?" The reason sounded logical to her anyway.

"You should have slept on the top bunk, you idiot!" But Mikoshiba saw otherwise.

"But you could have knocked your teeth out if you fell face first. I was only trying to prevent you shouting at me.

"And you think sleeping next to me won't have the same outcome?!"

"It's not like I was uncomfortable. I was very comfortable." 

"Geh...?!" Mikoshiba was blushing and he let her go. He rubbed the back of his neck, not knowing how to deal with this girl. "You just say whatever you want, Flowers for brain! Think about the time and place when you open your gob!" He noticed the others were snickering. "Quit laughing at me!" He then realized something; if she was sleeping so close to him last night, it meant she more or less heard him during Trap Reaction. "Did I say anything strange?"

"Not really. It more or less sounded like something you will usually say. I'm used to it."

"...that so?" Mikoshiba sighed and he decided to get out of bed. He couldn't look at her for the time being. He's embarrassed! "Go and make me blueberry pancakes. You said you will make it and then you decided to fuck off somewhere so you better make it up for lost time." 

"Whose fault is it that I decided to do that?" She quietly said.

"Hah?" 

"Hopefully the kitchen will have fresh blueberries." She didn't know this but he actually heard what she said originally but he decided to let her off.

But before she decided to leave, she grabbed her bra-

"Hah?! W-why is your bra out in the open?!" Mikoshiba shouted at her!

"Eh? I don't like sleeping with it on. It's uncomfortable."

"T-then- that means...!" That meant he was holding Michiyo close to him the whole time while she was not wearing a bra...! He looked at the adults and he could see they all had their backs turned. Mikoshiba could see Shion was stifling not to laugh though.

"Can you look the other way? I need to put it back on." 

"O-oh..." Mikoshiba was speechless. Even when Michiyo left to go volunteer in the kitchen to make breakfast, Mikoshiba was still speechless over finding out Michiyo did not leave her bra on when she goes to sleep. "She's too comfortable with me...don't trust me so much, you moron." But there was a part of him who was happy Michiyo felt safe with him and trust he will not hurt her. He won't trust others but for her to place her trust in him,  it felt a little meaningful to him.