Chapter 23 - I know you miss me

Iori and Zen were waiting at the waiting area of the hospital for Michiyo to be done with her health examination.

"You're even planning for Michiyo to go to school with Reo-kun and the others? That's so kind of you, Young Master! I am touched!" Zen was getting worried about Michiyo being bored whenever the other three of members of Akanyatsura leave for school on a part time timetable. 

"I don't think she will like to hang out with two old men when the young ones are out, haha! But most importantly, I want to know what I cannot see. If anyone's going to find anything odd about her, it's going to be the doctors." Looking on the surface, Michiyo was no different to a normal teenage girl. For Michiyo to get rid of Metal Erosion and Trap Reaction, it had to be something different about her no one could not see with their own eyes. 

"Suiseki-san, Sen-san has finished her examination. You can come into the office." A nurse called for Iori to go into the Doctor's office. 

"Yes. Thank you." Zen said on behalf of Iori. The two men watched the nurse walk away to tend to a different matter, "I wonder why Michiyo-san didn't come out on her own once she was done?" When Zen said that, Iori said nothing. 

Once Iori and Zen entered the office to see Michiyo was okay and waiting for them. She was given candy because Michiyo asked the doctor if she could have one. 

"Zen, how about taking Michiyo-chan to the vending machine? I can tell she's been eyeing it for a long time." Iori said to him.

"Eh?" Zen was surprised; did Iori want Michiyo gone for the moment? Why? It's Michiyo's condition...shouldn't she have the rights to know about them? Still, Zen did not question it right away because he's certain Iori won't harm Michiyo and will always have her best interest in mind at the end of the day. "Sure. Michiyo-san, come along-" 

"How did you know?" Michiyo asked Iori, surprised at the fact Iori knew she had been staring at the vending machine down the hall! It had a lot of snacks in there! Potato chips, chocolates, and cookies!

"Haha! Michiyo-chan's face is easy to read~!" Iori patted her head, "I wanna chat with the doctor about something. You know? Men stuff. I don't think Michiyo-chan is interested in that sort of thing~. When you get older, illnesses come at you, you know?"

"At 28 years old is old? Yuto-san is only 32 and he's healthy. You should cut down on drinks and cigarettes, Suiseki-san. Ah, but Yuto-san smokes too...and I think he drinks too? You must be doing something wrong in some areas."

"Haha! Michiyo-chan, don't hurt this old man like that~!" He's laughing but internally, he felt some pain there because he didn't expect it coming from her!    

Michiyo nodded and she went along with Zen. The moment they're out of the room, Michiyo had a request. "Zen-san, I want one of everything from the machine." 

"Isn't that too much?!" Came Zen's reply, "I hope they're to share with Satsuki-kun and the others." 

"To share?"

"Eh? They're not to share???" 

Iori looked at the female doctor when he heard the happy conversation go further and further until he could no longer hear them. Before Michiyo's examination, Iori actually requested of something from the doctor; if there was nothing wrong with Michiyo, then the doctor will walk Michiyo to the waiting area. If there's something odd about Michiyo, then... 

"Suiseki-san, what I am about to share with you is something Sen-san is not even aware of. There is a micra pacemaker inside her heart." Seeing the confusion on Iori's face, she continued to explain and was nice enough to use a notepad to briefly and lazily draw what looked like a traditional pacemaker and something that looked like a vitamin capsule next to it with no leads, "Unlike a traditional pacemaker with leads, it's 93% smaller and it has no leads. A traditional pacemaker is outside of the heart but a micra style pacemaker is inside the heart, inside the right ventricle. A pacemaker will send an electrical impulse to the heart when the heart's own rhythm is too slow or interrupted."