Prologue

The club was bustling, even more rowdy on Saturday nights.
I jostled around the cramped bar reception taking orders, while doing my best to avoid hungry hands trying to grope my ass.
Despite it being a cold night, I still had to wear my usual uniform of a plaid mini skirt and a white top. Of course, I had to show enough cleavage because my boss says it keeps the men active. I wonder what he meant,but I did it anyway.
As I took my order of Mojito and sauced buffalo wings, I glanced to the side. That's when I saw him. In the dimly lit corner of the club, he stared a hole through me. Paying no heed to the slut beside him, who was trying her hardest to get his attention. His eyes on me, staring as if he could see deeply into my soul.
I looked away and went on with my work.

After a seemingly endless night,my shift finally ended and I was ready to leave. I went out into the cold lonely night, this time wearing my jacket and a thick coat which I had changed into after work, as I walked down the street,I felt it again, the feeling of someone watching  me, the gaze piercing through me like in the club. I looked around, starring out into the darkness, I saw a black car at the other side of the road, with its windows drawn down, but I couldn't see the person inside. I shuddered with fear, goosebumps rising on my body, wrapping my arms around myself, I hurried home. The streets were lonely, not a single soul  in sight. With a deep sigh, I doubled my pace. There had been a few incidents of late, and I wasn't ready to be a part of any of it.

My heart was pounding by the time I got home, I went straight to my bedroom and slumped on my bed in exhaustion. my thoughts lingered on the feeling of been watched. Shaking my head trying to shake out the creepy feeling, I decided as I lay in bed to think of what I should have for dinner 'Maybe some pizza?', I thought. Then I remembered I had some chicken wings left, so I decided to eat that with some rice. While at it, my mind drifted to the man at the club and the way he looked at me, I also recalled the gaze from the black car on the side of the road. I was sure I felt eyes on me. "Who might that be?, was it the same man from the club?, am I in danger?, do I need to call the cops?, am I being followed?
These thoughts raced through my mind till I fell asleep.

The black car slipped silently into her street and stopped just outside her window. The stranger in the car looked up at her window waiting silently, longingly, watching, looking around, the stranger turned looks at her window one more time cracks a smile and drove off into the darkness.