Chapter 5

Stacy

I heard a loud bang on my door, "Who the heck is that?" Man, I'm so exhausted! I finished work super late, around 1am, and I barely got any sleep. I checked the time and it was only past 8am! My precious sleep was interrupted, and I could feel my anger rising. I thought to myself, "Whoever is at the door better have a good reason, or I'll be ready to unleash my fury!"

I dragged myself out of bed, grumbling all the way, and made my way to the living room. I padded to the door, still annoyed. I swung it open and there stood Cassandra, looking tired. I couldn't quite figure out the emotion on her face, though.

By the way, Stacy is 23 years old, has brown hair, and is slim and tall like a model. She's got big boobs, honey brown eyes, and lips that are full and kissable. Her nose is pointed and her chin is sharp.
She looks just like those models you see in magazines. Stacy has a crush on Tyler, but she keeps it to herself because she knows Tyler likes Cassandra and always talks about her when they're together. Stacy is like a big sister to Cassandra and takes care of her.

I didn't even let her step through the door before bombarding her with questions. "What's wrong? Did something bad happen? Were you hurt?" I kept asking, my hands instinctively skimming her body, checking for any injuries. "Hold on, I'm fine," she said. Once I was sure she was truly okay, I pulled her inside and demanded an explanation for why she looked like she just escaped from an Irish crazy house and what she was doing here this morning.

"Now, young lady, please tell me what the actual heck is going on. Why do you look like that?"
"Why are you here?" I blurted out, unable to contain my curiosity.
"And why the heck aren't you in school?" I asked all at once.

Cass touched her face and hair, then muttered to herself, "I thought I cleaned myself up well," but shrugged it off.

"Well, I didn't feel like going to class today, and I couldn't get much sleep last night, so I decided to come pay you a visit," she lied. "I don't want to burden her with my problems. Her worrying about me is already a burden on its own. Besides, last night's event might just be a prank," I thought, but I still felt chills and shivered when I remembered cass thought.

She wrapped her hands around me, giving me a suspicious look. "Are you sure?" she asked again. "Of course!" I replied with a nervous laugh. "Yes! I'm just tired, I guess. I might not be able to work tonight. Could you fill in for me?" I asked, even though I knew I was asking for too much. "Sure, anything for you, baby," she said.

I sighed with relief. "Oh, one last thing," I said, she raised her eyebrow. "Um, I'm staying over." She waved her hand at me and said, "Yeah, sure. You're always welcome to stay. Make yourself at home. I need my sleep." She walked to her bedroom and shut the door behind her.

I slumped on the couch and let out a sigh of relief. "I won't be alone today," I thought. My stomach grumbled, reminding me that I hadn't eaten anything this morning. "I need to get something to eat." I stood up and went to her kitchen to rummage around and find something to munch on.

Cassandra

While Stacy was sleeping, I stayed in her place and decided to read some books I found. My mind kept going back to the events of last night, but I shook it off and focused on my reading. I lost track of time, but when I looked out the window, it was already dark. "Wow, I was so engrossed in my book," I thought. Then, Stacy came out of her room, dressed for work.

"Oh, off to work already?" I said.

"Yes, I need to go early since you won't be coming," she replied.
"I'm sorry," I said to Stacy, and she smiled at me.

"It's fine. Besides, it's rare for you to take time off, so if you need it, you can have it," she said kindly.

I smiled back at her and said, "Thank you, Stacy." I knew I should be working to pay my school fees in two weeks, but I really needed this time off, I thought to myself.

"Well, I have to go. Lock the doors as soon as I leave. I have my spare keys, so I'll let myself in," she instructed. I nodded and thought, "You didn't have to tell me twice." As soon as Stacy stepped out, I locked the door and the windows. I peered out the window, scanning the street.
"No one," I thought.
I went into the guest room, got under the blanket, and covered myself, "I'm not moving from this spot until tomorrow, no matter what."

"I see you - everywhere
"I'm always where you are. I said, taking a drag from my cigarette, my eyes fixed on the apartment.

At the club

I scanned the club, searching for her, but she was nowhere to be found. She wasn't at home either. "Yeah, I checked," not directly though. She didn't go to school either. Anger boiled inside me when my guard returned empty-handed, unable to locate her. I was furious! The temptation to shoot him guard crossed his mind, but I managed to control himself. Right now, I felt like I was losing his mind, unable to think clearly since receiving the news.

"Where could she be?" I wondered anxiously.
"Did something happen to her?"
Did they find out about her?" I had taken precautions to ensure that no one knew how important she was to me, which is why I kept my distance and observed her from afar for now. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice the other waitress until she caught my attention. I frowned as I observed her, I've seen cass interact with her and they seemed pretty close. I didn't want to make contact with the waitress, but I had no choice. I needed to make sure Cassandra was okay. I signaled one of my guards to bring her over. As she approached, I could sense the fear on her face when my guard relayed my message. It didn't matter to me if she was scared of me or not; I just needed to know where Cassandra was.

The waitress came closer, and I could feel her trembling. The lounge was dimly lit, and I was sitting in a dark corner, so she couldn't see my face. I observed her from head to toe, and I could tell she felt uneasy. I just wanted to assess what kind of influence she had on my princess.

"I'll look her up later," I thought to myself, shifting my gaze back to her face. Without hesitation, I asked her, "Where is Cassandra?"

She gasped, clearly shocked. I watched as her expression changed from fear to shock to worry. It was evident that she cared about my princess. She hesitated to answer, but I gave her all the time she needed to think. It's not like I would do anything to her if she didn't answer... maybe just a small threat of using a scalpel to carve her pretty skin. But it seems I won't have to resort to that after all.

Finally, she responded, "Cass took the night off. She's feeling a bit sick." Worry filled my face, although they couldn't see it in the darkness of my corner. I'm giving myself out, I calmed my voice. The waitress tilted her head to the side, and I could make out her silhouette in the dim light. "She's okay, just stressed and staying at a friend's place," the waitress answered, giving me a confused look. I wanted to ask more questions, but I stopped myself. I didn't want to reveal too much. I nodded, and the waitress left, but not before glancing back at me.

"She's sick."
"Is she eating well?"
"Is she sleeping comfortably?" I kept pondering. I really wanted to see her, to hold her in my arms and take care of her.
"Damn it!" I have to keep my distance. I clenched my fists, feeling frustrated. I tried to reassure myself that she'll be fine.