Chapter 3

Lucien

I was in my office, gazing out the window at the Vegas cityscape, my face expressionless. My office is quite spacious, with a chair and a big table where I keep my computer, files, pen, and a table lamp. The walls are painted white. On one side of the office, there are chairs and a center table for receiving guests. My suit was hanging at the back of my chair, with my back facing the office and the door. I just stood there, staring out at the city.

A few minutes later, Bruce knocked on my office door and walked in. "Boss, we found him," he said. I turned to face Bruce and calmly said, "Let's go pay that bastard a visit." It seemed like Enzo knew I caught him in his little game, since his spy didn't return to him. That bastard flew to Mexico on that same day. I had my guys searching for him in every damn country, and they finally tracked him down in Mexico.

Enzo always wanted to be the mafia boss when his father couldn't achieve it.

Five years ago, Enzo's father planned to go against the Hilton family, which sparked a feud that led to the loss of my father. I was just 19 years old, when I had to take over his business. I tried to approach things differently, seeking peace by making other mafia groups come to an agreement. But they didn't want that. They did whatever pleased them. Soon enough, I started receiving threatening notes and calls. I almost got killed numerous times, but I kept pushing forward. Then, they crossed the line by kidnapping my mother. I was furious, veins popping out on my arms and neck. In that moment, I wanted to take them all down, but I had to calm down and think clearly to figure out who was behind all of this.

I kept getting threatening notes and calls from unknown places, but I didn't care about all that. All I wanted was to find my mother. After a few days of searching, I finally found her. Can you believe it? She was right under my nose!

When I realized it was my uncle,my dad's brother, my muscles tensed, and I clenched my fist so hard that my fingers felt like they were digging into my skin. I wanted to kill him! If he wanted the position so badly, he could have just asked for it. But no, he had to take it to the extreme.

I got into the car with my guards, my mind racing through different scenarios. Is she still alive? What did they do to her? I hope she wasn't hurt! Those thoughts consumed me. But then, my mind shifted. if anything happens to her or if he touch just a strand of hair on her head, I would make him suffer. He would beg for death! I kept my mind blank as we drove to my uncle's mansion.

We arrived just as they were about to leave. It seemed like they were trying to run away. Perfect timing, I thought with a smile on my face. I confronted him, my eyes filled with rage. He tried to act like he didn't know what I was talking about, feigning ignorance. That's when I shot him in the leg. I demanded to know where my mother was. "Where the fuck is my mother?!" I yelled.

He opened his mouth, and I thought he was finally going to tell me where she was. But instead, he shouted, "Fire!" His guards started shooting, and chaos erupted. Master lucien! Bruce yelled and quickly pulled me away from the front of the shoot out, and we took cover behind a car door. I kept repeating, "I'm going to kill him!"

Amidst the chaos, I saw him and his family trying to get into one of the cars. I aimed at the tires, trying not to get hit myself. We had the advantage because we came prepared. Soon enough, it was all over.

I approached him, covered in blood from the fights. In that moment, I felt numb. I demanded to know where my mother was again. He pointed to one of the cars, saying she was in the trunk. I signaled to Bruce, who went to check. Bruce confirmed it with a nod, and I saw my mom unconscious but seemingly okay, except for a cut on her forehead. Bruce untied her, revealing rope marks on her soft skin. I was filled with anger!