Chapter 10

Cassandra

I was sat there, just staring at him, wondering what he was going to do to me and what would happen next. Surprisingly, I didn't feel scared at his presence. He took a step closer, attempting to touch me, but I instinctively recoiled, sensing his hesitation. However, he didn't back away and continued reaching for me. Suddenly, I felt myself being lifted off the ground and he started walking. "Wait, what?!" I exclaimed. "He's carrying me!" In that moment, my instincts kicked in. I fought and thrashed, demanding to be put down. "Let go of me!" I shouted, fully aware that no one could come to my rescue. "Put me down!" I yelled at the stranger, but he kept walking as if he didn't hear me, his gaze fixed straight ahead. That's when I noticed the car. He was heading towards the car?! "Is he kidnapping me?!" Panic surged through me, and I struck him in the jaw. I heard him hiss in pain and finally, he spoke, "Calm down, kitten. I'm not going to hurt you, so keep your claws in."
"French accent," I thought to myself. His voice was so deep I'm sure his throats are vibrating and his voice carried an air of authority. Funny how I instantly calmed down when he ordered me to. I could feel his strong muscles beneath me, "firm and tense, yet rigid." He was tall, and from the shape of his face, it seemed sharp, but I still couldn't see his face or his eyes. I let out a sigh.

In this stranger's arms, I felt safe. I was about to relax when my brain processed what I had just thought. "What the heck, Cass!" I scolded myself internally. I tensed up in his arms, and it seemed like he noticed because he stopped in his tracks and looked down at me. My heart started racing, "Oh God, did I offend him? Is he going to harm me?" It's okay to be a little overdramatic, right? I wondered to myself. But he just stood there in the middle of the deserted road, staring at me. The people who had been lingering on the street seemed to have gone home or wherever they go to. Stares, he keeps looking at me. Then he spoke up again, "Can you try to relax? I promise I won't hurt you."

Still feeling a bit tense, I stared at his silhouette, trying to discern his expression, but his face remained hidden. I felt him gently squeeze my arm and leg, as if asking me to trust him. He continued standing in the middle of the road, still staring at me, waiting for me to trust him and relax. "Why does he stare at me so much?" I wondered. Hesitantly, I let myself relax a bit, not just because he asked me to, but for my own peace of mind and something about him make me feel like I could. I didn't know who he was or what he might do, but strangely, I felt safe in his arms. "Safe? With a stranger?" I thought to myself. "No way, Cass, you must be out of your mind!".

Unknown pov

"I approached her, extending my hand to touch her face, but she pulled away from me. That hurt me, and I wondered if something had happened to her before I arrived. I tried to reassure myself that they couldn't have harmed her yet, since I got here quickly. They had made my little princess scared, and although I controlled myself from turning and beating the shit out of them a second time, I hesitated. I questioned myself whether I should still touch her or not cause I don't want to scare her, but I couldn't bear to leave her alone in the alley. With a sigh, I moved closer, picked her up in a bridal style, and began walking back to my car parked a few meters away. My jaw was clenched, and anger filled my face. "I kept my eyes fixed on the road, seething with rage. The road was deserted, with everyone gone from the corners and streets. We were almost at the car when I felt her tense up, and suddenly she started throwing punches at me, hitting my jaw and scratching my chin. 'Calm down, kitten. I won't hurt you,' I said in a calm voice, trying to reassure her that she was safe with me. She seemed to relax a bit, but I could still feel the tension in her muscles as I kept walking. We passed houses and closed shops, with the street lamps casting low light. The car was getting closer, but I felt her tense up again in my arms. I stopped and looked down at her, just staring at her. 'She still doesn't trust me, even after saving her,' I thought.
"She's supposed to trust me."
"She needs to trust me."
"She needs to depend on me."
"I'll make her trust and depend on me, after all, she's my woman.
"I own her."
"She belongs to me." This time, she didn't relax, but I continued walking towards the car. Before I reached the door, my bodyguards rushed out, and my personal bodyguard came over to me. 'Boss, what's wrong? Are you okay?' he asked in a deep voice. I felt Cass tense up even more in my arms, and when I looked down at her, she seemed to be staring at my guard. I couldn't see her expression clearly in the dark night, but I knew she had fainted. 'Oh, fuck. She fainted.' "Seems like she was exhausted and still shaken up from what happened earlier. "You okay, boss?" my guard asked once more.
"Yeah, I'm good. Just a little incident," I replied.
"How's Miss Cassandra doing?" he inquired, concerned about Cass since she fainted. "She's fine, just a bit shaken, I guess," I reassured him. I looked down at her in my arms, my expression softening. "She fits perfectly in my arms," I thought, a small smile on my face. "Let's head home," I told my guard. "Okay, boss," he responded, opening the car door for me, I got in and we drove off. I kept the inside car light on so I could see Cass's face. "My princess is sitting on my leg, her head on my shoulder". My fingers continued to trail along her arm, unable to stop myself from smiling. I just wanted to feel her skin, lost in the joy of having my princess in my arms. Suddenly, my guard's voice snapped my attention away from Cass. "What happened to Miss Cassandra?" he asked. My jaw clenched, my hands gripping softly onto Cass's hands. All my emotions left as I remembered what happened in the alley. I opened my mouth to explain and give him an order, but then I noticed Cass's reaction. She stirred in my arms, and I looked down at her with a smile, she's awake. "Very soon, she'll be in my arms all the time," I thought. "Hey ho-, I was about to say," but before I could continue, I saw Cass's eyes widen as she looked at my guard and fainted again. I glanced at my guard, wondering why she fainted after seeing him. I looked at his appearance, He's got short hair, brown eyes, and ear piercings. He's good looking, except he's quite a big guy, two times larger and much taller than me, and always has a serious expression on his face with a big scar on the side his mouth. But there's nothing wrong with him. I looked at him blinked twice then looked at my princess. Uhhh? "Wait, is she scared of him?!"