Chapter 3

As soon as all my boxes get brought into my room I start unpacking my clothes and putting them in the draws that are here until I hear a knock on the door.
"Come in!" I say shutting the drawer door and turning to face the door to see Issac standing in it resting against the side of the door frame.
"So you're the party animal." He says, walking into my room and sitting himself down on my bed.
"Guess so." I say sitting next to him.
"Well, sorry to tell you this little miss big city, but you're in the country now, and there's no big parties here." I huff and smile.
"Not unless I make them." I look at him and smirk. "Why, you wanna come partying with me country boy?" He raises an eyebrow.
"You wish."
"What? You too scared you won't be able to keep up?"
"We'll see." He says and gets up then makes his way to the door but stops as he gets to it,
"Also, my names not country boy, it's Issac."
"I'm aware." I say sweetly and he huffs and leaves.

I sit on my bed reading my favourite book when another knock comes on my door, oh no, please don't tell me Issac came back.
"Come in!" I say hesitantly and feel a flood of relief when I see that it's Katherine.
"Dinners ready if you wanna come down."
"Oh no thank you, I just wanna read and then go to sleep." I say and she nods.
"Well, if your hungry then just come down and grab something."
"Thanks Katherine." I say and she smiles.
"Call me Kat." I smile.
"Okay Kat." I say and she leaves.

I check the time and see that it's about 1 am, hopefully everyone's in there rooms right now and asleep so I won't have any trouble sneaking out. I quietly put my socks on and carry my shoes as I walk out and quietly shut the door behind me. I walk down the stairs and it seems quiet enough, I must have lucked out because no one seems to be awake. Well that was what I thought until I walk past the kitchen and see Issac standing with his phone in one hand and a glass of milk in the other while he just stares at me.
"Jesus Christ!" I whisper yell as I see him. "Where the hell did you come from?" He turns and points toward the fridge.
"I was thirsty, what's your excuse."
"Uhhh." He looks down at the shoes in my hand and raises an eyebrow, I wish he would stop doing that. I watch him set the glass of milk and his phone on the counter so now he's just illuminated by the moon and honestly it's kind of breathtaking.
"You sneaking out?" He asks and I shake my head.
"Nah, I would never." I say sarcastically.
"Okay." He says casually and starts putting away his glass and walks towards me.
"Wait you're actually gonna let it go?" I ask hopeful and he smiles as he looks down to make eye contact with me.
"No." He says and grabs my hand.
"What are you doing?" I ask and he shush's me and starts pulling me toward his room. Once we get to the door he turns to me and puts his finger to his mouth signalling for me not to make a sound. I nod and he quietly opens the door and bends down to grab his shoes that are right next to the door frame. He then shuts the door and drags me out the front door.
"Alright. Where we going?" He asks as he sits on the stairs putting his shoes on and I follow his moves.
"I actually don't know." I say putting my first shoe on.
"What do you mean you don't know?" He asks as he finishes the last shoe and looks at me.
"Uhhh, I don't know, I was just gonna walk and see where I end up."
"That is the most stupidest thing I've heard you say. You could've gotten lost."
"I would've been alright." I say lacing up my first shoe and he rolls his eyes.
"You're taking way too long to put on one shoe." He says and I glare at him.
"Sorry Mr flash, want me to hurry this up for you and you're overly large ego?" I ask sarcastically, putting on my shoe. I'm about to do the shoe laces when Issac gets up and kneels in front of me and does them up for me.
"I was doing it myself, I'm not a child." I say and he laughs.
"Whatever city girl. Don't you get your butlers to do this for you? What's the difference?"  He says and offers a hand to help me up.
"The difference is that you're Issac and I don't even have a butler!" I say as I swat the hand away and get up myself and start walking down the driveway.
"Wait." I hear and turn around.
"I have something to show you." Issac says and grabs my hand and starts leading me toward this barn.
Once we got in and he shut the doors I could feel the cold breeze fade a little replacing me with a little warmth. I shiver from the feeling and feel something wrap around my shoulders. I look over and see Isaac's jumper around my shoulders and I shake my head.
"No take it back." I say and he shakes his head.
"Just except one thing please." I roll my eyes and was about to argue when he interrupts me.
"Don't worry, there's a blanket up there." He says and I give him a questioning look.
"Up there?" He nods and beckons me to follow him and I do. I follow him all the way to a dark corner in the barn and up a ladder to see some sort of hang out spot.
"Well this is cozy" I say and he smiles
"This is one of my favourite places on the property." I nod.
"I can see why you would appreciate this place."
"Yeah. Come." He says and leads me to a big beanbag with a big blanket on it. He sits down on it and pats a spot next to him gesturing for me to join and I shake my head.
"There's barely any room." I say and he laughs.
"There's room."
"But it'll be squashed and-" im interrupted by him pulling me down onto the beanbag as I land with a thud.
"Can you stop complaining and resisting everything that's been happening?" He asks and I bite the inside of my cheek as I look at him and after a moment I nod. "Good." He says and sits up as he reaches for something behind us and brings it in front of us. I look at it and see an old cassette player.
"This is my dads." He says as he presses a button and a nineties song starts playing.
"It's... cute." I say not knowing what should be said in this moment. He chuckles and shakes his head as he leans back down into the bean bag.
"So do you wanna talk about it?" He asks and I shrug.
"I don't know." I say and sighs.
"I might not know what it's like to lose most of my family so suddenly but I do know how to listen, even if I can be a jerk." I smile and sink lower into the beanbag and putting my head onto his shoulder. It felt comfortable and friendly, definitely what I need right now.
"I just feel lonely now." I say with a small shiver as a cold breeze goes past and I feel issac move a bit as I feel the blanket get put on us both.
"But you still have your sister." He says getting comfortable again and brings my head back down on his shoulder.
"I know but sometimes it feels like we're from different worlds. You know? She's very sophisticated and perfect, everyone likes her, and I'm the trouble maker who never did anything right. I hate perfection, my grades aren't bad but they're not that great either. We just don't understand each other." I say and I feel his body vibrate as he hums.
"I get that, but you only have each other left now and you still love each no matter what." I smile as I listen and nod.
"Yeah I guess you're right" I say and he Hums.
"You wanna go back to the house now?" He asks and I shake my head.
"You go." I say and he shakes his head.
"I'm not going back till you do."
"Okay." I say and we spend about an hour longer either talking or sitting in silence, a comfortable silence obviously, and soon we go back to our rooms ready for the next day.