Chapter 10

"I just think you're overdoing it Jackie." I say to my sister as we stand at her locker.
"No I'm not. Princeton only takes perfection." I roll my eyes.
"Yeah from like 18 year olds."
"Yeah well maybe you should be worrying about colleges too y/n!"
"Whatever Jackie. You can obsess over colleges all you want but don't drag me into it." I say putting my hands up and Jackie sighs.
"Who's getting dragged into what?" Issac says from behind us and I smile and turn around.
"Nothing." I say to him with a smile and he grins back. "You gonna walk me to class or not?"
"Of course." He says and puts an arm around me.
"Cya Jackie." He says and I smile as we walk off.
"So how was PE?" I asked and groans.
"I messed up my hair and had to spend most of my lunch break fixing it." He said and I pouted my lip at him.
"Aw poor baby." I say and he playfully pushes me.
We walk into class and sit down in our seats, ready as we can be to learn until I hear a voice behind me.
"Psst! Y/n!" Braydon says and I roll my eyes and ignore him.
"Oi!" He says and pokes me. I ignore it again until he pokes me again and I nearly say something until I see Issac grab his hand and glare at him.
"Don't touch her." He says and Braydon glares back at him.
"I'll do what I want now let me go you prick." He says trying to get his arm out of Issac's grasp.
"Apologise to her and leave her alone." Issac says and the teacher comes up to us with a worried expression.
"Is everything okay here boys?" He asks looking toward Braydon for confirmation. It's silent for a moment until I see Issac's glare darken even more and so did Braydon because all he says is.
"Yes sir, we were just playing around?Right Issac? Sorry y/n." He says and Issac nods and drops his hand, looking up to the teacher smiling.
"Yep!" The teacher nods suspiciously and walks back up to the front to start teaching and the rest of the class is quiet from our part and Brandon's. I sigh with relief when the bell goes and Brandon walks out quickly.
"Thank you." I say to Issac and he smiles.
"Of course, he's an asshole." He says and I smile as we walk out and continue our day as normal.

As soon as I get home that afternoon I go straight to my room and take a nap, I don't remember school being this stressful but I guess that's because I never really went to school. I wake up at around 7 pm and walk down the stairs to see Lee sitting at the island eating a cookie.
"Hey Lee." I say and he nods.
"Hey how'd you sleep?" He asks and I groan,
"Not long enough." I say and he laughs shaking his head.
"Oh that looks good." I say and snatch the cookie out of his hand and start nibbling on it.
"Hey!" He says offended and I shrug.
"I'm hungry." I say back and he sighs and gets another cookie.
"So I heard you and Issac kissed?" He said and I smile.
"Oh so he told you?" I say and he nods.
"How was it?"
"You really wanna know how a kiss with your brother feels like?" I say and his face scrunches.
"Maybe not."
"Yeah I didn't think so, anyways where is he?" I ask and he shrugs, he said he needed to take care of something, and that was a few hours ago." I furrow my eyebrows.
"Okay, I'll just call him to make sure he's okay." I say and he nods as I stand up and walk back to my room.

"Hey you've reached the voicemail of Issac Walter, leave a message at the beep. BEEP."
"Hey Issac, just wondering if you're okay. Call me back when you get this." I sigh and hang up. Maybe he just went out with his friends. But he says he needed to take care of something. He couldn't have been talking about Brandon could he? My head started racing with thoughts until I heard a knock on my door. I quickly get up and open it to see Issac standing on the other side clutching his stomach.
"Issac? Are you okay?" I ask as he walks in and sits on my bed in pain.
"Yeah I'm okay." He says and j shut the door and race over to him.
"What happened?" I ask and lift up his shirt. I gasp as I see these little holes in his stomach with blood oozing from them.
"Oh my god." I say panicked.
"What the hell happened?!"
"It doesn't matter. Just promise me you won't ever go out alone."
"What?"
"Please just promise me." He pleads grabbing into my hands.
"Okay I promise! Just tell me what happened." I say and he nods. I go get the first aid kit and then come back and start tending to his wounds while he tells me what happened.
"I was going to go get some flowers for you and then as I was walking back home a car slowed down next to me and I saw Brandon and his friends get out. They jumped me. I managed to get a few punches in and now Brandon and his friend have got a few bruises on the face but it didn't me any good. Brandon had these weird spikes on his knuckles and they were sharp. Like really sharp. Finally this old couple pulled up and helped me, they drove me back here." He said and I look up at him.
"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have went out with that monster. I should've listened to you." I say and he shakes his head and shushes me. He gently grabs my chin and kisses me softly.
"That doesn't matter, what matters now is that your safe as long as you don't go out alone, understand?" I nod.
"What did he say to you?" I ask and he sighs shakily,
"That doesn't matter right now, at the homecoming game tommorow you stay with either me, Lee, Alex or Jackie. Okay?" He says and I nod.
"Thank you." He says and kisses my forehead.
"Okay now let me clean you up so you don't get infected." I say and he chuckles as he sits back down on my bed and I put a Dettol cotton bud on his wound as he hisses.
"Sorry."