Chapter 9

I sit on the fence watching Issac and Cole play football with Parker,and it was kind of painful to watch Issac keep beating her. Poor kid.
"Hey Isaac, she's 9." Cole says and Issac shrugs.
"Hey! Good hustle out there, but time to hit the showers all right?" Their dad says and they all start heading inside until Issac turns and jog back over to me.
"Did you really have to go that hard on her?" I ask and he shrugs.
"I was just using what I had to my advantage and she's gonna get way worse than me over time, trust me."
"Whatever you say Issac." I say and he laughs and then sticks his hand out for me.
"Come on, we gotta get in quick or not at all." He says and I grab his hand and he helps me down. I drop his hand and smirk at him.
"How do you feel about a race?" I ask and he shrugs.
"As long as you're not a sore loser." I roll my eyes.
"Okay, on the count of three. You ready? 1. 2." I took off running at two and hear him yelling and running after me. I get to the porch and run up the stairs to see him running up behind me.
"You cheated." He said trying to catch his breath.
"I was just using just using what I had to my advantage, you're gonna way worse than me over time trust me." I say innocently, repeating his words.
He shakes his head and walks towards me and then stops right infront of me, close enough that I can feel his breath on my face and smell his cologne.
"I know some other advantages you could use." He says and I swear he looked at my lips but it was hard to tell.
"And what's that?" I ask and he smirks as he opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by the door being flung open and Lee comes out and looks at us.
"Oh crap, I wasn't interrupting something was I?" He says awkwardly and I shake my head.
"No."
"Yes." Issac says and we look at each other.
"Apparently not." He says after.
"Uhh okay well I was just coming to see if youse wanted something to eat." He says and I smile.
"Omg yes." I say and follow Lee inside to see George talking on the phone.
"What's he going on about?" I ask Lee as we sit down and Issac sits down next to me, Lee just shrugs.
"What does slashing and burning mean?" My sister asks as George gets off the phone.
"It means we set a fire to kill the pests." Lee answers and we all look at George.
"It's a last resort, all right. Hopefully this new pesticide we're talking about will kill the moths before they get down to the roots." He says pouring his coffee.
"Hey Lee, I need you to grab that crate of apples and get it out to will." He says to Lee as Jackie walks away.
"Oh is that for me?" Katherine says as she takes George's coffee and walks away from him smiling.
"Sure, where's the fire?" He asks her.
I get up as I hear them talking and decide to go to my room and have a nap before dinner. I quickly walk up the stairs and get into my room and lock the door. Just as I'm about to get into my bed I hear the door knock.
"Yeah?" I yelled out bring to lazy to get up and open it.
"It's me Lee." I hear and I groan as I get up and open the door.
"Yes?" I ask and he walks in and sits on my bed.
"What? Lee!" I say and shit the door.
"What was happening?" He asked and I looked at him confused.
"Sorry?" I asked and Lee pulled me down to sit next to him.
"Come on, tell me everything. Have youse kissed? Has he grabbed you're butt? Please don't tell me youse had sex. Wait actually don't tell me anything, that's my brother and ew."
"What?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.
"When I went out there to ask youse if you wanted something to eat youse we're standing very close together. Youse looked like you were about to kiss." He says and I shake my head.
"No he was just telling me something."
"So you haven't kissed?" I shake my head. "But you do like him?" I nod.
"I think I do. He's just so sweet and caring." I say and and Lee raises an eyebrow.
"Shut up." I say and laugh and I playfully push him.
"I think you should tell him." He says and I shrug.
"I can't."
"Why not?"
"Because if he doesn't like me back then it'll just make things awkward." I say and Lee scoffs.
"Only an idiot could not like y/n Howard, and Issac might be dumb but he's not an Idiot." I smile.
"Thanks Lee."
"Don't thank me yet sunshine." He says and getting up.
"Also you didn't get anything to eat before. You want me to bring something up?" I think for a moment.
"Yes actually. If you wouldn't mind. Thanks Lee." He smiles and nods before going out the door and shutting it behind him.
I wait for him to come back for about 20 minutes until there's a knock on my door.
"Come in!" I say expecting Lee to come through the door but to my surprise it's Issac.
"Oh hey." I say and Issac smiles bringing in a chocolate muffin and a cup of my favourite coffee.
"Hey, Lee said you were hungry so he made me bring up this food to you." He says and i scoff.
"Of course he did." I say and laugh. Issac sits on my bed and hand me the muffin before putting the coffee on the nightstand beside me.
We stay quiet for a minute while I eat my muffin until Issac clears his throat. I look at him and then to the muffin.
"Oh! Do you want some?" I ask and he shakes his head.
"Uh no, I'm all good."
"Good, cause I wasn't gonna give you some anyway." I say and he smiles.
"Good, you've barely eaten today." He says and I raise an eyebrow.
"Shouldve brought me a whole course meal then." I smile and he laughs.
"Well I think you might be a bit tired so I'll just leave you be." He says and gets up to leave but I quickly grab his hand.
"Wait, I don't want you to go." I say and he smiles.
"Okay." He says and sits back down.
"Can you just stay until I fall asleep?" I ask and he nods. I quickly finish the muffin and drink a little bit of the coffee and then lie down, lifting the covers up signalling him to get in. He does and soon we lie down facing each other not moving a muscle.
"I heard you talking to Lee." He confesses after a while and I look down in embarrassment.
"Sorry." I say.
"What for?"
"I don't exactly know." I say and he lifts my face up to meet his.
"I'm not an idiot at all." He says and puts his lips to mine. I smile and kiss him back. It was what I've been waiting for for so long. It was as good as I hoped it would be. After a while we pulled apart and just looked at each other.
"I really like you." He says to me and I smile and blush.
"I really like you too."
"Good now go to sleep." He says kissing me again and I roll my eyes.
"Fine." He smiles and pulls me closer while I nuzzle my head into his neck and soon fall fast asleep with a smile on my face.