𝟎𝟑

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE...

the sound of the loud bell rang through the students ears as everybody quickly packed their things and rushed out of the classroom.

"well, i think we've made some good progress today," wyatt smiled.

"yeah," he replied, wrapping his bag strap over his left shoulder and holding it at his right hip.

"i'll see you tomorrow?" he nodded, waving as morgan gave him a soft smile and walked out of the class with melody and carly.

"soo, how's the project with wyatt going?" carly asked, raising her eyebrows up and down with a smirk. melody had already disappeared with one of her closer friends.

"it's fine..?" morgan said obliviously.

"oh, come on. you have to tell me what's going on with you and wyatt. there has to be a reason why you're getting so close to him!" morgan playfully rolled her eyes with a smile.

"i promise you, there is nothing going on romantically. he is just one of my new friends," she shrugged.

"okay, adrien agreste," morgan laughed, playfully shoving into carly's shoulder with her own, carly doing the same in return.

🎄✨

"mom! i'm home!" morgan shouted through her house and she shut and locked her front door.

"hey, honey! how was your day?" her mother shouted back from the kitchen.

"pretty good, i started my english project," morgan hung her bag on the back of a kitchen chair, walking over to the counter to give her mom a small hug.

"yeah? how'd that go?"

"pretty good. i'm working with a kid named wyatt walker, he's really sweet," lauren raised her brows, turning to her daughter.

"wyatt walker? jess walker's son?" morgan laughed suspiciously, grabbing a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"yes.. you know the walkers?" lauren shrugged, turning back to the counter where she was cutting up fruit.

"me and jess were friends back in high school, but we haven't talked much since then. i only know her family because CC is the best soccer player at your school," morgan nodded, taking a sip from her water.

"yeah, i talk to CC sometimes. i think she has a game today," morgan said as she sat down at the table, taking out her computer and a few papers to start her homework.

"they'll probably win," lauren said and chuckled, walking over to morgan and placing a plate full of fruit beside her computer.

"i gotta head to the store, you want anything special?" morgan smiled and shook her head, hugging her mother one more time before she walked out the front door.

🎄✨

the next morning, morgan walked into the school and heard the familiar chanting- "GO, CC! GO, CC!"

"hey, CC! you win yesterday?" morgan asked as she walked by.

"you know it!" morgan laughed, shaking her head as she walked over to her locker. as she got the books she needed, she spotted the curly-headed boy walking down the hall. she quickly shut her locker, and caught up to him.

"hey," she greeted cheerfully, lightly shoving his shoulder to get his attention. he looked down at her with a smile.

"hi," he said quietly.

"no hunter this morning?" she asked.

"surprisingly no, i'm enjoying it while i can. he'll probably pop up at some point," morgan chuckled.

"well, i gotta get to class, i was late yesterday. see you at lunch?" he nodded with a smile, waving as she ran over to carly and melody to greet them.

"are morgan and wyatt.. you know," melody asked carly once morgan walked away.

"i was asking the same thing," she shrugged, saying a quick goodbye to melody before heading to class herself.

TO BE CONTINUED...

TEMPERANCE SPEAKS!
are we liking the story? 🤞

PUBLISHED.. december 12th 2023