𝟎𝟕

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN...

ERR!

the bell rang and the students began pouring out of the classroom. presentations were today, and it went fine for morgan and wyatt. all they did was take turns speaking as a normal group would. but or course there were those groups of friends who could not stop laughing even when absolutely nothing was funny.

sure, morgan and wyatt's presentation was good, and sure they would get a decent grade, but i'm not sure morgan and wyatt themselves are doing great.

besides preparing for the presentation, they had hardly spoken. it was really award between them after the almost-kiss. wyatt went back to sitting alone at lunch because he wasn't sure if morgan would ever want to speak to him again. and it was the same with her. she wasn't catching up to him in the halls to walk with him or sitting with him in classes.

it was absolute torture for both of them. if only they knew how the other felt.

🎄✨

carly was going to morgan's house this afternoon, so they were walking home together.

"soo.." carly dragged.

"yess..?" morgan asked.

"what's going on with you and wyatt? i haven't seen you speak these last few days. you guys were so close," the thought of wyatt made morgan sad. oh, how she just wanted to speak to him again. she only officially met the boy a few weeks ago and she was already hopelessly attached.

"i mean, we only had to speak because of the project. that's all over now," carly gave morgan a knowing look.

"what?" morgan asked, looking at carly confused. even though she knew carly could see right through her.

"oh, come on. you and me both know that you and wyatt were genuine friends. you guys were attached at the hip in just 2 weeks!" morgan sighed, grasping onto the straps of her bag.

"okay, to be honest, me and wyatt.." she trailed off, thinking of that night. fingers locked together, noses grazing, breath mixing.

"you and wyatt what?" carly interrupted her thoughts, bringing her back to reality.

"we almost kissed,"

...

"WHAATTTT!!" carly shouted, alarming people around them.

"jesus- carly!" morgan exclaimed, raising her hand to her ear.

"YOU GUYS KISSED?!" carly was smiling wide, grabbing morgan's hands and shaking them aggressively.

"almost kissed. we were interrupted," morgan let go of carly's hands, continuing to walk down the sidewalk.

"what happened?"

"well, it was all just kind of in the moment. but his little brother starting crying and we pulled away," morgan explained.

"damn child.." carly mumbled. morgan laughed, smacking carly playfully on the shoulder.

"well, you should talk to him. i'm sure he misses you," morgan looked down at her feet as she walked. maybe she should text him?

🎄✨

it was about 7:00 PM. carly had already left morgan's and went to her own home.

morgan laid in bed, staring at the ceiling, and tapping her fingers on her phone that was laying on her stomach.

should she text wyatt? what if he doesn't respond? what if he doesn't want to talk to her? what if-

fuck it.

morgan picked up her phone and clicked on wyatt's contact, quickly beginning to type a message.

nerdy boy ❤️

hey

hey

can we talk?

sure

okay
meet me at the park?

morgan it's after dark

please?
i want to talk in person

okay, fine
be there in 15

thank you

morgan waited anxiously on a swing at the park, picking at her fingers. soon enough, she heard rustling of leaves. she stood up quickly, hoping the noise was wyatt and not some rando creep.

it was indeed wyatt. he stepped into her view from the darkness, hands in the pockets of his coat.

"hey," she smiled nervously.

"hey," he smiled back. he was really happy when she messaged him, but he was also scared she was gonna tell him something he didn't want to hear.

"listen, i don't want whatever it was that happened between us to ruin our friendship. i've only known you for a few weeks and you so quickly became one of my best friends. i really don't want to lose that with you," morgan said honestly. wyatt sighed of relief.

"oh, thank god you feel that way. i was worried you would never speak to me again," morgan smiled and shook her head.

"so, we're okay?" wyatt smiled and nodded. morgan pulled him into a hug, smiling into his neck. he wrapped his arms around her back, placing his head on top of hers.

"i'm so glad," her muffled voice said into his skin. he squeezed her tighter, holding her close.

"me too,"

TO BE CONTINUED..

TEMPERANCE SPEAKS!
kraft mac & cheese, it's like my bathrobe and slippers had a baby on my tongue. 🙂

PUBLISHED... january 27th 2024