𝟎𝟒

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR...

after her first few classes, morgan headed to the cafeteria.

"hey guys!" she called, sitting at the table with carly and melody.

"hey, m," carly gave her a side hug, and melody reached over the table to give her a high five. she sat and ate her food for about 5 minutes, until she realized she hadn't seen wyatt anywhere. she knew he didn't really have many friends, if any. but he still usually ate alone in the corner of the cafeteria.

"uh- have either of you seen wyatt anywhere?" they shook their heads.

"no," the two girls said in unison. that's when morgan realized.. hunter and his friends weren't in the cafeteria either.

"oh no," morgan stood from her seat, and walked out of the cafeteria. she immediately heard shouting from around the corner. when she turned, she saw wyatt on the ground and hunter screaming in his face. as if on que, hunter and his friends left before she could even say anything. and now that she could see wyatt's face more clearly, she noticed a bruise forming on his cheekbone, and his nose was flowing blood.

"wyatt!" she exclaimed, quickly running to his side and kneeling beside him.

"m-morgan?" he stuttered, rubbing his eyes.

"yeah, yeah it's me," she pulled out some tissues that she always kept in her pocket and carefully held it to his nose. he leaned his non-bruised cheek against her shoulder and softly cried into her neck.

"sh, sh, i got you. you're safe now," she placed a small kiss on his forehead, lifting his face a little to carefully wipe his tears.

"can you stand? we need to get you to the nurse," he nodded, lifting his head from her shoulder and rising to his feet with the help of morgan. she wrapped her arm around his waist, and his around her shoulder.

"alright, come on,"

🎄✨

"wyatt!" his parents came rushing into the nurse's office, jess carefully cupping his cheeks and inspecting his injured face.

"thank you so much for looking after our son, it really means a lot," bill said to the brunette girl sitting beside wyatt.

"oh, it's really no problem. it breaks my heart seeing wyatt get hurt," she looked over at the boy and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. he sent her a sweet smile in return.

"we'll go sign you and CC out, okay? will you stay with him until we get back?" jess asked morgan.

"yes, of course," jess smiled, pressing a kiss to wyatt's head.

"thanks so much, really," morgan smiled back, watching as wyatt's parents left the room.

"feeling better?" she asked wyatt. he shrugged.

"my cheek is definitely sore, but my nose feels a lot better," she nodded with a smile.

"good," he hesitated, but slowly pulled the brunette girl into a small hug. her cheeks turned a blush pink, wrapping her arms around the boy. his head was placed in the crook her her neck, hers atop his head.

"thank you, for taking care of me," she smiled, running a hand through his head of curls.

"of course, what are friends for?" she felt him smile against her skin, slowly unwrapping himself from her embrace.

"alright wyatt, time to go," his parents popped through the doorway with CC.

"well, i'll see you soon," wyatt said, shooting morgan one last smile before heading out with his family.

TO BE CONTINUED...

TEMPERANCE SPEAKS!
i'm so sorry for not updating for so long! i was so busy with the holidays, shopping and wrapping. but now that all of that's all over, i'm hoping i can update more frequently. thank you for patiently waiting. 💗

PUBLISHED... december 28th 2023