𝟎𝟓

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE...

later that night, morgan got a message from an unknown number.

UNKNOWN

hey, it's wyatt
i got your number from CC

hey wyatt!!

morgan has changed "unknown" to "wyatt 💗"

i hope i'm not bothering,
i just wanted to say thank you again for earlier

i know i've said it about a million times but i don't know how to repay you

wyatt it's rlly not a big deal

you don't need to repay me

i'm happy i could help :))

:)
see you tomorrow

bye!!

morgan looked at her phone with a stupid smile, before plugging in her phone charger and placing it on her nightstand. she turned to rest on her right side, happily closing her eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep.

🎄✨

morgan walked into school the next morning, unexpectedly seeing both carly and wyatt waiting at her locker.

"hey wyatt, i didn't expect you to come today," she looked towards the boy. he had a bandage on his forehead and a bruise on his cheekbone.

"yeah, i don't like missing school. you miss one day and it's like you missed a whole month," he replied as he watched the two best friends hug.

"that is so true," carly said.

"how are you feeling?" morgan asked the boy as she unlocked her locker.

"a lot better. seriously, thank you so much. i probably wouldn't have gotten off the ground if you didn't come for my rescue," he chuckled lightly.

"it's all good," morgan smiled, pulling her book out of her locker and sliding it in her bag.

"oh, that reminds me," wyatt says, looking down and digging inside his bag. he pulls out a chocolate bar.

"i brought you some chocolate! if you want it?" morgan smiles wide, carly smirking behind her. wyatt had told her beforehand that he got morgan a chocolate bar since she was standing there waiting for morgan as well.

"awe, thank you, wyatt! that was so sweet of you!" she took the chocolate bar, pulling him into a small hug. he hugged back, his cheeks turning a faint pink.

"you're welcome," they pulled away from the hug, and morgan put the chocolate in her bag for later.

"well, i gotta head to class. i'll see you later," morgan said goodbye to wyatt, and began walking to class with carly.

"oh my god, that was adorable! he totally likes you!" carly exclaimed.

"no, he was just thanking me for helping him yesterday," morgan reassured.

"sure, but that doesn't mean he doesn't like you," morgan rolled her eyes playfully, but she couldn't help the smile that slowly appeared on her face.

🎄✨

at lunch time, morgan made sure to quickly find wyatt and invite him to her table before hunter got to him. her friends didn't mind wyatt sitting there at all. melody didn't know him, but carly was already way over "approving" him. she knew morgan and him would get together at some point, and she knew he was absolutely perfect for her.

"ha, look. the science dork finally made a friend," hunter slammed his hands on the table was his friends trailing behind him like loose puppies.

"leave, hunter. or do i need to tell the geometry teacher that you would like to sit in her class during lunch tomorrow so you can catch up on our unit?" morgan threatened. hunter chuckled, lifting his hands from the table.

"like she would listen to you," he signaled for his friends to follow him, and they sat at the opposite side of the cafeteria.

"thanks, morgan," wyatt smiled.

"no problem. and wyatt?" he turned his head to look back at her.

"hm?"

"i think i prefer "nerdy boy" over "science dork," he smiled wide, nudging her with his shoulder. the 4 enjoyed the rest of their lunch with laughs and no problems with hunter.

morgan has changed "wyatt 💗" to "nerdy boy ❤️"

TO BE CONTINUED...

TEMPERANCE SPEAKS!
bro i can't stop singing "a world of your own" from wonka..

PUBLISHED... january 10th 2024