Clay x shy male

You were more of a solo troll not really associating yourself with others, you didn't have many friends. But when your one friend poppy saw you slouching around and not talking to anyone she decided to talk to you, hang out with you, have a little chat with you, which you didn't mind but you drew the line when she wanted you to meet her other friends. You politely declined but she dragged you anyway.

"You can't be friends with one person y/n"

"But I am friends with one person and I like it that way"

"Thats just sad y/n, so come on we're going to get you some more friends"

"Ugh"

—time-skip—

Poppy had sent invitations to all her friends to come hang out at her place so they can all meet you. When they all arrived you were shocked to see how many friends she actually had it was overwhelming so you hid in a room away from everyone.

Poppy walked up to branch and his brothers who were all arguing.

"Hey guys I want you to meet my friend y/n. But I don't quite know where he went, I've lost track of my friend guys"

"We'll help you find him!"
John Dory said. The others agreed. They split up going in separate directions to try and find you.

Clay walked towards a room that's light was off the door was slightly open, clay could see a peaceful figure sitting on the couch. He peeked into the room seeing y/n sing to himself.

(Cue, the music! [no friends by Cadmium])
(You can imagine what goes on there)
-after the song-

"Poppy's your friend"

"Aah!- geese you scared me"

"Sorry"
Clay closed the door and walked over to y/n siting on the couch with him. You just looked down fiddling with your finger.

"You know everyone is looking for you"

"They are?"

"Yeah, why are you in here instead of out there talking to everyone?"

"Oh I'm just not to social"

"Ah I see"

"I'm just a little scared I guess. I don't really socialize with others much"

"Hmm we'll your talking to me so thats a start"

Poppy looked around the hallway before hearing talking she walked towards the noise seeing a door and slightly opened it. As she did she saw clay and y/n talking so she decided to leave it alone and she walked back to her other friends telling them she found you and they can stop looking.

-back with you and clay-

There was some silence before clay spoke up.

"Hey you wanna join my sad book club"

"Umm... sure I guess"

"It'll be a start to you getting over this anxiety of talking to people"

"Yeah"
There was now an awkward silence but clay once again broke it.

"I never got your name, I'm pretty sure poppy told us, but... I forgot"

You chuckled a little at that

"Hey there's a laugh, see that's not so hard is it"
Clay said looking at you with a big smile, you started to laugh a little more now.

"Your funny, my name is y/n"

"That's a nice name y/n, my name is clay"

"It's nice to meet you clay"

"It's nice to meet you y/n"
Clay grabbed your hand and asked...

"You ready to meet everyone?"

You hesitated but nodded your head and interlocked your hand with his as he led you to meet the others, now feeling much more confident with clay by your side.

—time-skip—

You opened up more after meeting everyone, you still stayed by clay the entire time though. You introduce yourself to all of poppy's friends. You played games sang song told scary storied and just had lots of fun. The party was starting to die down as the sun set and everyone was starting to leave, poppy pulled clay asides to talk to him.

"Clay y/n obviously likes you, so I think you should walk him home"

"umm?... are you sure, is he going to be ok with that?"

"Yeah of corse he will, now go get him Tiger"
Poppy said pushing clay towards y/n again.

Clay walked closer to y/n

"Umm y/n"

"Yeah"

"Can I walk you home"
Clay said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure I don't see why not"

"Cool. So a... let's go"

-time-skip-

You and clay were walking in an awkward but also comfortable silence at the same time. You didn't talk for the entire walk. Not until you got to your house.

You opened the door and we're about to close it but clay stoped you. You looked at him questioningly.

"Y/n"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to hang out some time, it can be here we don't have to go anywhere if your not comfortable"

"Oh umm yeah sure, I'd love to hang out with you"

"Yeah, see you later?"

"See you later clay"
With that y/n closed the door and clay just stood there thinking about what he just did, until the door burst open and y/n practically tackled clay in a comfortable hug. They stayed like that for a few seconds.

"Thank you clay"
Y/n said letting go of clay

"Your welcome y/n"

You smiled and went into your house smiling like a idiot.

Clay walked back to his house with a dumb smile on his face.

Poppy was sitting in the bushes with branch and binoculars, she whispered a quiet yes and did a air fist bump.

"I can't believe your trying to set them up"

"They would be cute together"

-——————-

Hope you guys liked it I was going to make this a lot shorter than this but I was like no that's add more so here we are with more tell me should I make a part 2 I may or may not >:]

988 words