16. Angelic blonde

"You packed everything right?" Jimin asks

"Yess!!" I say feeling really energetic since morning for some reason. Maybe because I was going back home. Jimin nods and we both lock our room after taking our luggage out.

The luggage is then loaded in the bus, as all the students gather to receive instructions for the last day of the trip. The plan was, we were going to roam around in the small town and the famous market nearby before heading back for Seoul today.

"Omg... I can't wait to shop over there!" Jimin claps excitedly and I smile saying a, "Me too".
My eyes search for him instantly and then there I spot him walking towards us with Yoongi hyung.

"Hey guys, good morning" Yoongi hyung says. We both smile and say good morning to them.
Eventually, Jimin and Yoongi hyung engage in their 'important' conversation about calico cats. Yeah, Jimin loved cats, and even people who looked like one.
Oh...No. I didn't say anything. Nope. No. But anyways you must have got it. Who am I kidding?

I let out a breathe and feel Jeongguk's presence beside me. I don't know whether I should be proud to say this or not but I can easily recognize him now by just the scent of his cologne, or his laugh, or the way he walks, or the way he... breathes. I know I was falling deep, but nothing is in my hand. It's like someone just pushed me off a cliff without my permission and the freefall was a long roller coaster of emotions. And without any idea, if I will be saved or not in the end, I am being attracted to the ground with a force stronger than gravitation.

Brushing my 'scientific' thoughts away, I look to my left to see an unusually quiet Jeongguk, staring at the ground, as if he was in deep thought.

"Hey..." I say. The first word spoken between us today. My mere whisper seems to startle him. Why was he behaving like me all of a sudden?

"Hi" He smiles a little, releasing a breathe, after taking a look at me.

"Is everything alright? You seem disturbed about something" It was a natural question that came from me, or anyone who would have looked at Jeongguk.

"No everything's fine... I just... had a bad dream" He says stepping ahead, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh" That's all I could say. I should ask him to share it...

"Do you want to share it? with me?" I tilt my head a bit and ask, listening to my heart.

"I- I lost someone in that dream. And technically it was not that bad of a dream you know... It started so beautifully and I also realized how much that person meant to me when I lost them, but... it turned into a pure nightmare... the moment they left" Jeongguk says in a quiet voice, looking ahead into nothing.

Who could be that person? I furrow my eyebrows a bit at the pang in my heart, a feeling of something so sharp, like a needle, poking it directly. I was now familiar with this feeling. I know the person could be anyone, his relatives, his brothers, his sisters, anyone... But what if it was someone else? And I am pretty sure that someone can never be me.

"Well at least you realized that person's importance in your life after that" I whisper followed by a small shrug.

"Yeah... They are very important to me, at least, from now on" He says with affirmation, directly looking into my eyes. Everytime he looks at me like that, I just forget how to breathe. My eyes slightly widen and a subtle red blush decorates my cheeks as I open my mouth to speak something, but before I could, a very excited Jimin voices out, "I think we should dye our hairs after we get back home!", drawing my attention towards him.

"What?" I ask. How did he get this idea all of a sudden?

"I said it would great to have a change of hair color Taehyungie" He says averting his eyes from Yoongi hyung to where me and Jeongguk were standing.

"And may I ask why?" I walk to him along with Jeongguk, who seemed less tense than before.

"Because wise people say, Change is good, and nothing can be better than changing our hair colors!" He says innocently, before taking my now long strands of hair in his soft fingers, and saying, "And the last time we dyed your hair blue, you completely rocked it... I think we should now dye them to-"

"Blonde" Jeongguk says immediately, making all of us look at him.

"Yess! Blonde would look ethereal on you!" Jimin smiles widely and ruffles my hairs, making me pout a little.

"I highly doubt that" I mumble.

"Jimin is right Taehyung, I think you will look beautiful in blonde hair" If there was ever a competition, where we would have to compare our rates of heartbeat, then, I surely would have won it with the highest score ever. He said, beautiful in the same sentence with my name in it... I mean that's what I could hear. Or was it my ears ringing?

I smile slightly, using the best of my acting skills, to appear calm from the outside, as I look at Jeongguk.

"Alright... I will think about it"

"Yayy!" Jimin jumps on his steps. "Now my turn, Yoongi what hair color should I pick for myself?" He turns to Yoongi hyung and asks, while I step towards Jeongguk. He smiles at me and I mirror his expression.

"How do you know that I will look good in blonde?"

"I... just imagined you in blonde hairs and you looked-" He pauses and blinks.

"I looked?" ugly? homeless? what?

"You looked... angelic"

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MYYYY GODDDD!!! Heart attack alert! Heart attack alert!! Breathe Taehyung! Breathe!!!
WHAT THE HELLL!? AN- ANGELIC!? ME!?
WHATTTTT??

I feel like a huge amount of blood was now rushing to my heart, all at once and that my heart will now just come out any moment as I throw up.

"I- I... you are kidding" With my, now permanently red cheeks, and wide eyes, I chuckle awkwardly.

"No I am not. I am actually serious. You should consider going blonde and then like Jimin mentioned... I really want to see you in blue hairs someday as well" Jeongguk smiles softly.

"Okay" I whisper casting my eyes to the ground, to hide my flushed cheeks. If this goes on like this, I think I will turn into a pure tomato or cherry someday.

I look up and see him still smiling before engaging into a conversation with Yoongi hyung.

It fascinates me thinking how the simplest of your actions or words have such a big impact on my poor heart
I melt everytime into a puddle of shyness
I can't hear anything other than my racing heartbeats...

Do you notice it?
Do you notice how I smile everytime in front of you, hoping you would fall for mine
Just like I fell for yours...

---------------------------

I know it's kind of a slow burn but I am portraying Taehyung as an introvert character who is experiencing all these emotions for the first time and like anyone else he is afraid of rejection if he confesses his feelings to the person he likes. And also he fears that he would ruin whatever bond he has with Jeongguk like that...(Typical introvert behavior :))

So he just accepts being the other's friend and spend time with him...

Anyways... do vote and comment if you liked the chapter💗

~Momo💜