Tᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ.

As You walked through the late night city of New York, the atmosphere was heavy. The city seemed to be in a hurry to put itself to sleep, with the lights on buildings slowly fading away and people making their way back home. The air carried with it a mixed scent of coffee and car exhaust, and You could feel the electricity in the atmosphere. It seemed like anything could happen in the city at night, and it was hard not to feel a rush of excitement at the possibilities.

"Nah maybe I'm gassing the night up."

You thought, It wasn't too different from home, Back in Philly it was a panic, Drugs and Money was crippling the peoples mind. And the dark night made it worst when you gradually started going in home more early throughout the years from danger "Why mom? I was with my friends!" You hear your younger self ring in her ears from the past memory of coming into the house earlier than usual in the summer Protesting to your mother on staying out a bit later which she most likely refused, But it wasn't a bad thing, Your mother was protecting you because she'd be damned. You chuckled quietly to yourself as you glanced up the street staying alert anyways.. Because you'd also be damned. Because even though it didn't seem like home.. It was still dangerous. Like anywhere with you. You were always in danger or anything close near it, Not much you can do but pray and your glad it's died down over the years...

"Damn it's cold, Maybe Cory made some dinner"

You shudderd to yourself as the breeze hit just to tease your statement a bit longer as you felt the steps of your own get louder as you got out of your thoughts and focused on your movement and the things around, Missing the glass around your feet and the rocks that crumbled amongst the ground as it skipped the gravel where you stepped on. It was quite peaceful out Nice and quiet..

"Too quiet."

You mumbled.

A/N || Hey guys! I just made this story out of my mind on my couch and I was like "Why not just make it happen?" Note: I don't think I'm as good of a writer then the people I've seen, So please no hate to the characters such as y/n I base them on myself. I will try my best to make this story apply to everyone, But the pronouns are mostly female, But I will use They/Them and "You". So people who aren't female can also relate to the story And I don't know if I would make smut or whatever since I'm still trying this out from loads of inspo Im not sure if im good for like Rp or setting wise for the story so please forgive me 🥲 and i don't think I get much terms on Wattpad so please if you want give me some advice i would really appreciate it, and please feel free to switch it up in your mind if you don't like the settings nor character dialogue! Loads of love and I hope you enjoy.  ✨♥️ By: Author ||