Warning: Contains adult language and sexual content!

-George-

Of all the shows we've done, this one has to be the best one hands down. It's not too crowded, we got the best song list, and everything is going smoothly. Jordon got to have his moment to shine with Everywhere I Go. Per the usual, we started the show with Undead. The last song break came up after we finished Riot. After this break it's Black Cadillac and then finishing with our newest song, Broken Record.

When the last break started, we made a bee line to the bar to down a few beers. Well, everyone except for me, I am the designated driver to get everyone home after everything is all said and done. I chose to stick with a tall fat glass of ice-cold Coca-Cola instead. I'm sure Asia and the kids would be proud of me for skipping the alcohol just this once.

While the guys were getting shit faced at the bar, I make the executive decision to check up on Dylan. After giving the door a soft knock, I open the door and step in the backstage room. Dylan is sitting on the futon and listening to one of our albums on Spotify from his phone. I smile, giving his shoulder a light tap.

"Hey man." I greet when he removes his Air Pods from his ears.

"Oh cool. You got yourself out of your chair. You know, I've been thinking, I don't think it's really fair that you have to miss out on the whole experience. If you are comfy with it, do you want to pop out on stage and say hi to the fans? They are all wondering where you are. They'd love to see ya. You don't have to sing or anything."

He gives me a look of pure terror before going on to think about the opportunity. He glances at his mask that is sitting on a nearby table.  I take the mask into my hands as I bring it to him.

"I'm sure they won't care about your appearance. We sure as Hell don't."

He sighs.

"I-I know they will... I-I'm fucking h-hideous as shit." He frowns. 

I quickly look at his face. The scars are healing very well. The obvious scarring and stitches are somewhat noticeable but it's nothing too severe. I'm sure the part he thinks is hideous is the permanent deformation around his eyes and his mouth. The skin grafts are showing. Overall, he still looks like he always did. 

"You can wear your mask if it makes you happy. You want to go out there or not?"

He pulls his mask over his face before he slowly stands up. He stumbles a little as he holds onto my shoulder before grabbing a long strain crutch. I watch with amazement as he shuffles and limps to his wheelchair and sits himself down. 

"Look at you, Mr. Independent." I smile, swiftly pushing him into the hallway.

"Where's J-Jay?" He asks. 

I roll my eyes pointing in the direction of the open bar. He rolls his eyes too.

"Of course. Thanks for c-checking on me."

The sound of the airhorn signaling that it's almost showtime again makes Dylan jump a bit before he settles down. He grips onto the rails of his chair, taking a shuddery breath.

"Let's get this o-over with."

The others are starting to walk back onto the stage. I can tell they are all tipsy because they are walking close together, similar to a pack of wolves. They all seem to be surprised to see Dylan out of the dressing room and near the stage.

"Heya Dyl!" Danny greets cheerfully.

"You gonna sing, man?" Jordon asks.

He shakes his head.