Warning: Contains adult language and sexual content!

-Dylan-

I've come a long way since the crash. It's been close to 6 months. My therapy sessions are still far from over but I have improved so much since the start. I am to the point where I can walk short distances without the need of the crutches or the wheelchair, I can talk clearly, only stuttering when I'm excited or nervous, and any pain has been a past memory. 

Another thing I can be proud of is my mental health. It's been a while since I had an emotional breakdown. Any time that I have a wave of guilt or sadness, I can pull myself out of it fairly easy. It's amazing. My fear has mellowed out a lot, though, I still have yet to actually drive willingly. 

It's currently April 10th, and I am standing beside Jay to the right side of an open vault in Morning Glory Burial Grounds. Elise's urn is in the vault. Elaine and Richard are to the left side, each holding a bouquet of roses. Elaine steps close to me and hands me a rose. I walk to the vault, setting the loose flower down inside next to the purple tinted butterfly print urn. I sigh.

"I miss you so much, Elise. I'm so sorry..." I whisper.

Elaine pats my shoulder. After the pastor talks and reads some verses from the Bible, everyone starts to leave. Jorel brushes my arm with his hand. 

"I'll wait for you in the car, honey."

I sigh, touching the urn with my hand, and my eyes are rapidly tearing up. I feel so bad that this poor girl had to die so young. 

"Elise... I am so sorry. I wish I can go back and save you."

"Hi Dylan!" I hear a young woman's voice beam from beside me.

Turning my head, I see Elise. She's transparent but she's wearing a white dress and a red rose flower crown. She looks absolutely beautiful. I am completely baffled. 

"What? H-How'd you? What the...?"

She giggles. The breeze blew and the sweet scent of the blossoms waft off of the light green trees. 

"You're a special one. One of the few who can see me and one of the very very few who can communicate with me."

She touches my back but I can't feel it. I stare her with shock, sadness, and a little confusion. I watch Jay climb into the truck to wait for me. 

"Dylan, please, don't feel bad. I know it wasn't your fault. I am not mad at you. I am at peace and I want you to be at peace too. Everything will be okay."

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that I am able to see and talk to her spirit. It's such a strange feeling but I am almost happy? It feels like that one weight that has been sticking around for so long is finally being lifted.

"It's just... It's not fair that you left the way you did. If I could've saved you, I would've." 

Tears sting my eyes. I wipe them with my sleeve. She smiles again, this time the sun's light peeks through the a small crack in the clouds, the beam shines down directly on me.

"I know, but I am happier knowing that you're still here living your life, look how far you've come from a few months ago. You survived everything against the odds. You almost took your own life twice. You can talk and walk without assistance. You even made my best friend, who has been suffering from depression and self esteem, the happiest person ever. I haven't seen her this happy in the longest time. Can't you see that you're here for a reason?"

She glances at the truck. I see she's starting to fade.

"He's cute. You scored big time with him. He has a heart of gold. I have a good feeling about him. It's okay for you to move on because I want you to. Don't hold onto me anymore, please?"