Chapter 3: The Dark Abyss

It was time to go clear the Labyrinth, since I know that Ai-chan and some of the class isn't ready for the Dungeon, I asked Meld to send them to a far away village where Ai-chan's skill will be helpful, before the y left, I told them about my plan.

Flashback

"Ai-chan, I'm planning of taking care of the Labyrinth alone."

"Eh? but why?"

"I can't search for answers while being stuck here as much as I like the people here, we have to find a way to go home."

"I see... but how long will you be gone?"

"That I don't know but I'll swing by if I had a chance."

"Please at least take someone with you..."

"Don't worry, Kaori insisted that I take her with me, so I wont be alone."

"Okay then... please take care."

"Of course! You all too!"

End

Right now we are currently in front of the doors of the Labyrinth, With Me, Kaori and Meld at the front.

"Kid, be sure to not die on this plan of yours."

He whispered to me as we entered the Labyrinth. I gave him a reassuring smile.

"i don't plan on dying anytime soon."

"That's an answer, I like to hear! But the church will try and make Kouki the party leader after you "die"."

"Let them, They already know how messed up his head is so they'll either follow Ryutaro, Shizuku, or Hajime."

"Just so you know, I'm still scared of this plan..."

Kaori said as she cling to my arm.

"It'll be fine, I already used my Gift of Heaven, and got the right skill to help us."

"If you say so... Any plan on going on a date?"

"After we clear this Labyrinth and get out, I'll take you on a date, kay?"

 "Hehe~ we're going on a date!"

We slowly made our way to the floors with ease, I took the front with Shizuku as Hajime took a distance and took out his guns and fired away, Kaori took the back as a support.

"Hajime! Enemy on Shizuku's Six!"

"Roger!"

"Godspeed! Black Flame! Heavenly Swing!"

I enchanted my sword with both skills and enchanted myself with Godspeed and killed a huge chunk of the monsters, I looked behind and saw a monster about to charge at Kaori, I rushed towards her and killed the monster, I saw Kouki purposely letting them get pass him to attack the others, I felt my anger rising as I try to calm down. Kaori held my hand and smiled at me.

"Calm down... This is not the time to be consumed by anger, they need you."

I looked at her as my anger resides, I showed her a quick smile as I held her hand.

"Thanks, I needed that..."

"Yeah, I know. Now, help them, my Mana is almost depleted because of the constant healing."

"Then, I'll end it in a flash!"

I stood up and made my way to the hordes of Monsters, I stance myself, I sheathe my sword and bend a bit.

"Thanks, to you idiots, I can get a new skill... Gift of  Heaven!"

[Congratulations! A new skill  is Acquired! Skill: Black Equinox has been added to the skills!]

"Just what I needed! Black Equinox!"

My sword began to release black smoke from it's scabbard, I made a Horizontal Slash as my sword let out a black crescent projectile that sliced off everything in it's path. I stood dumbfounded by my new skill.

"Well, that's a new way to finish off the enemies..."

Hajime said as he place his guns back to their holsters.

"Yep! Well, rest for a bit until everyone recovers their Mana... we can't risk anyone dying..."

"No! we have to move now or else the monsters will spawn again!"

Kouki said as he made his long speech about making sure that we make great progress today, thanks to that, everyone fell asleep immediately, except Me, Ryutarou, and Shizuku.

"I'll bet 3 silver coins, everyone will already be awake by the time he finished his speech."

I said as Ryutarou took out 3 Gold Coins.

"Bet, I say before he finishes."

"Oh ho... daring today aren't we?"

"You could say I'm feeling lucky."

Later

"Why did  it have to be just a feeling..."

Ryutarou said as he sulked in a corner after losing 3 Gold Coins.

"Grow up, you big baby... it's just 3 Gold Coins."

After everyone ate and got their gears, we made our way to the lower floors, and it went smoothly, everyone is doing their best, Except Kouki... but what's new? We took another rest after finishing another horde,  I saw Kaori looking at a crystal on the wall.

"Want it?"

I asked her.

"Yeah, but it might be a trap... plus I want one on a ring."

"Ah! Not now, it takes time and courage for a man to give a lady a ring! but, I'll by you a Enhancement Ring, not as beautiful, but it'll help you."

"Then, I'm fine on waiting."

Kaori said as our hands intertwined, but the moment was broken by none other than Hiyama.

"Kaori! you want this right? I'll get it for you!"

Hiyama said as he tried to pry it off.

"Oi! What are you doing?! it could be a trap!"

Meld shouted but Hiyama ignored it, I tried to pry him off but it was too late. A light engulfed us, as we found ourselves in a deeper part of the Labyrinth.

"You idiot! I just told you not to!"

"It's not that bad... right?"

As soon as he said that, Skeletons began appearing and charging at us while the behemoth shook the place, my classmates were overwhelmed by the number and the level of the monsters, I immediately used Black Equinox, but it only pushed them back, I hurriedly got my class to retreat before anyone of us got killed. Thanks to Meld and the mages we were able to reach the upper level. I got back down to help Meld, as Shizuku, Kaori, Hajime, Hiyama, and Ryutarou followed suit.

"Meld! Tell the mages to get ready! I'll give them time."

I gave a small nod to Meld as a signal that the plan had started, I took a glance at Kaori who understood it and began to deplete her mana.

"Black Flame! Black Equinox: End!"

"Now!"

I said as I ran back I saw the bridge falling apart, I knew that I wont make it, I saw Hiyama joined the Mages and aimed at me, I looked at Kaori as she ran towards me, I smirk a little at Hiyama as I saw his face when he saw Kaori ran towards me. As I fell Kaori jumped the Dark Abyss with me.