chapter 4

A few days later, Gunil was heading home from the Uni, and all he could think of at this moment was spending some time with Jiseok and resting a bit before their tour. They were getting closer and closer to this two-week-long event and, to be honest, Gunil was already feeling so excited about the vision of playing to a crowd of fans - he loved the energy his beloved audience delivered to his body as he was performing. The feeling was better than anything else, he felt appreciated and wanted - as if the loud screams of the fans were telling him that he mattered.  

"Gunil? Am I dreaming?" he heard from his left, he wasn't sure who that was, it was dark everywhere and all he could see were three silhouettes. 

"That's me," he said and waited for the boy to come closer. They were ten steps apart from each other, he knew exactly who he was. Five steps apart from each other he could see the same idiotic smile on his face. Zero steps from each other, he dared to speak. "You study here, Seungmin?" 

He tried to show as little emotion as possible, he tried to keep calm but the foxy laugh of Min and the sight of two other people made him startled. The boys next to him were the emo guy and the club kid. It couldn't get any worse, he thought. 

Yet little did he know this meeting was the reason why everything came undone within the next few months.

"No, none of these things," Seungmin started and Gunil received a wave from the blonde on his left. The boy squinted his eyes and was smiling at him. There were two options. He probably knew who he was or Seungmin had told some shit about him before they approached him. "I came here to pick Hyeongjun up."

"Cool," the boy named Hyeongjun nodded in agreement and as Gunil deducted it was his boyfriend. The boy who spoiled his hopes to still be with Seungmin. 

"Don't be mad at me, Gunil. It's been a long time, I thought you moved on." Seungmin bared his teeth touching his ex-boyfriend's shoulder as if to say how wretched he was. 

"I moved on a long time ago, I am dating someone else." he crossed his arms on his chest not knowing what else to do. He caught Jooyeon staring at him, the boy was taken aback. Gunil had no idea what happened seconds before the awkward encounter and it made him wonder if it was the reason why the club baby looked at him in such a surprised way. 

"Who? I'm purely curious." Seungmin and Gunil were the only ones talking now. The rest were confused and lost, to say the least. They exchanged eloquent glances and Gunil could swear that Seungmin's boyfriend swallowed hard. 

"It's none of your business," he was helpless but decided to play it cool. He put both of his hands into his pockets and added. 

"Oh, don't be a pussy, I won't do much with this fact." Seungmin giggled and Gunil noticed as he intertwined his fingers with those of Hyeongjun. It made his blood boil. He was certain that Min did that on purpose.

"In that case what is the purpose of this talk?" he snorted and scanned the surroundings. Jooyeon had his head tilted left and as Gunil could deduce he was bored and Hyeongjun just snuggled into Seungmin's arm lightly resting his head on it. 

"Can't we talk normally from time to time? I don't think it's a big deal," and Seungmin had that nonchalant yet antagonized look on his face. It reminded Gunil of the times when they were dating, Seungmin always acted dismissively towards him but still, he allowed Gunil to kiss him, have sex with him and more. And as it turned out, he didn't even care about his feelings, Seungmin wasn't into him at all, he just liked having a little fun from time to time so whenever he wanted, he took the opportunity and messed around with Gunil. 

"I don't want to," he swallowed, hoping that the memories would slide down his throat and get lost. "Besides, I'm going to practice for the concert now so I don't have the time to talk. Excuse me," he turned on his heel and at the same moment two things happened. He started heading towards the apartment and heard someone calling him.