chapter 15

Junhan kicked a rock as he walked down the street towards the cafe where his boyfriend worked. Even though it's been a long time since they argued he could still hear Seungmin's annoyed voice ring in his ears.

He talked with Jooyeon about their little quarrel and the latter reminded him about Seungmin and Gunil dating in the past. According to Junhan, it was never a problem, so he didn't focus on it too much. It was normal to have an ex-boyfriend, wasn't it?

If Jooyeon deemed it appropriate in this situation, he would not think about it twice. However, he thought that it was suspicious. Seungmin acted too proudly and defended Gunil no matter what while everyone knew that he was at fault. It was an idiotic argument but it hit Junhan with enormous strength.

He disliked Gunil, and Seungmin seemed to be on his side.

Jooyeon was Seungmin's friend if that was what Junhan could call them, and it seemed obvious that Seungmin would be more willing to admit that Jooyeon was right. Additionally, Seungmin was there for Jooyeon when he cried over Jiseok. He understood how much the parting ways had pained him.

It seemed obvious that he would be eager to hear what he had to say. Moreover, that he would never think of making Gunil feel better. Because who the fuck was Gunil to the three of them? Hyeongjun has said a word to him a maximum of four times, Jooyeon knew him only as Jiseok's roommate and bandmate and Seungmin was his ex. None of them seemed to be very interested in him.

And Seungmin dared to say that it would be best if Jiseok and Gunil talked together, because, oh lord, Gunil was concerned and felt sorry!

Junhan entered the cafe with an uneasy grimace all over his face, he wanted to talk with Seungmin right now. He wanted to learn more about Gunil and above all make Seungmin stop behaving like a moron.

"Babe, I didn't expect you to be here today," the boy smiled at him slightly as Junhan walked towards the cash register. He rested his hands on the marble countertop and also greeted his boyfriend. "Want something to drink?"

"Not really," he replied.

He craved some ice cream, he loved the ones made by Seungmin, especially for him but he had to resist this desire. He was about to start a stressful talk with him and eating food prepared with love didn't seem pleasant at all. He knew he would feel guilty if he did so.

"Finished classes earlier?" Seungmin asked, going to the back room to get something that was missing in the storage. Hyeongjun hummed something in response. He didn't have the strength to tell him what a miracle it was that he was already here, he just waited for the traffic in the place to die down.

Seungmin was taking the last orders when his small talk with Junhan started resounding a little bit coldly.

"So what are you going to do tomorrow?" The older boy asked and leaned over the countertop to be closer to his interlocutor.

"I wanted to go out with Jooyeon," Junhan replied simply.

"Sounds good. And how is he now?"

"Fine. And Gunil?" These words didn't taste the best on his tongue, he already disliked bringing him up to the conversation but how else could he talk about him with Seungmin?

The said boy gulped, he was not expecting to hear his name, additionally, not when Hyeongjun had that annoyed look on his face.

"What about him?" He tensed up and everything he had recently done with Gunil replayed in his mind like a movie. He could swear that his cheeks were already burning. What did Junhan know? He felt as if the boy read everything from the way his face looked.