chapter 11

"There is nothing much to worry about, Joo," Seungmin repeated as he parked his car next to Jooyeon's house. As he and Gunil approached the orange building, they observed the boy wandering back and forth in such nervous movements that it even terrified them.

"Did you look for him anywhere?" was the first thing they heard from him. He got into the car so quickly and slammed the door with a deafening bang, causing Seungmin to shiver. He decided to turn a blind eye to this situation, considering that Jooyeon was extremely frightened now.

"No, we haven't done anything yet," Gunil replied curving his lips into an inversed horseshoe shape. He felt guilty and aghast. He knew that it would be his last neutral conversation with Jooyeon before he found out what had happened between him and Jiseok.

"Then why did it take you so long to get here?" he furrowed his brows, addressing this question towards Seungmin who shrugged his shoulders apologetically. His hands were stretched out on the red steering wheel and he turned his head right to look at Jooyeon.

"It was just 13 minutes, it is quite a good time for such distance," he said to which Jooyeon just snorted and as quickly as it was possible fastened his belt.

"Doesn't matter. Let's go already."

On the ride, Jooyeon was sitting in the front seat, his heart pounding. He looked out the windows, feverishly searching and praying for any sign of Jiseok. His eyes were filled with lurk and fear as the wildest and most vivid scenarios of what could have happened to his Jiseok appeared in his mind.

While his anxiety was at its height, Gunil sat frozen. He was plagued with that hint of shame and guilt. As well as he was afraid everyone around could read his mind.

He decided to occupy his mind by looking for Jiseok everywhere. Even around the trash bin or some dried-out bushes.

"Call him, Jooyeon," Seungmin urged the mentioned boy as he shamelessly drove through the red lights. He was silent for the whole time, focused on riding on every street in the city but he has had enough. "We can't be driving like that forever."

"Why?" Jooyeon buried his face in the fluffy-brown hoodie and ignored Seungmin who tried to maintain eye contact by turning his head even further to the right. He could see his reflection in the window which gave him shivers.

"I know you are mad at him but can't you fucking call him?" 

"I am not mad at him," Jooyeon gulped, anxiety growing in his stomach as he was about to reveal one thing to them. "It's just that I missed about 20 calls from him," he whispered, his words almost inaudible yet everyone in the car processed these words.

Seungmin stopped riding so suddenly, it threw both Gunil and Jooyeon forward and then pushed them unmercifully into their seats.

"You did what?" he shouted, his voice getting higher and higher with every second. Gunil was angry as well; he knew he shouldn't do anything, let alone raise his voice at Jooyeon.

"I.. Seungmin..." Jooyeon tripped over his own words finding it hard to face any one of them. He should have answered his call, but he was sure that Jiseok was drunk again and he had no intentions of talking with him in that state again. "It was about 4 hours ago. I didn't want to talk with him."

"Jooyeon can you fucking hear yourself? He called you so many times, something must have happened." Seungmin growled. He couldn't contain his irritation, not when Jooyeon looked into his eyes with such innocence and horror all at once.