Chapter-6

Ashley's POV

It's true. Whenever I was taught about mates I always had to count in the possibility that after knowing my story my mate might just reject me. Cole has not yet accepted me. So it's fine. I doubt he ever will.

"Let's train, split into groups of two. One of your opponent will have a weapon and we will train in human form today" Jack. The pack's best warrior and trainer says.

"Well today we will join in too." A voice booms in the ground. We all turn around to see James walking towards us with some weres behind him and Cole following last.

Murmurs and whispers start all around the people standing. Josh comes to my side. Our Alpha has also come out to see the commotion.

"Okay. Let's see" Alpha Drake informs us.

"Pair up" James says.

Me and Josh look at each other and we know we don't want to be paired up with anyone else. I will let you in on a little secret. We are stronger than most wolves. Not Alphas of course. But we can take down normal wolves.

And that's why we train toghether. But our specialty is that we heal fast. Like really fast. Like on the spot. We were given these gifts that night.

"Josh, Ashley you two will train with me behind the pack house" Beta Ben says to us. Good they don't want them to know about us.

"Why ?" Alpha Cole asks.

"Because they are trained by me." Beta Ben answers irritably. Cole raises an eyebrow. But Beta Ben is unfazzed by it.

He starts walking out and me and Josh silently follow. Josh stops and turns to me, "I get the daggers today".

I sigh. Well okay."Fine"

He takes some daggers and I patiently wait for him. Right now everyone from their pack is looking at us. More like gawking. When he comes back I walk in front with him following fiddling with the daggers.

I pass Alpha Cole but his eyes are trained on the pack house. I look away and keep walking.

We reach our destination and me and Josh face each other. Beta Ben whistles and the fight starts.

Josh starts with a dagger. He throws one at me but I duck. In the process I and hit by another one. This was a trap. He wanted me to duck so that I would be hit by this one. Nice technique.

The knife pierces me in the stomach and a scream rips from my mouth. Just because we heal faster doesn't mean the pain we feel lessens. Blood puts down my stomach and I slowly remove the knife and my stomach has already started to heal.

"What the hell is this ?" A voice says that sends shivers down my spine. We both turn to the voice and sure enough Alpha Cole is standing there with his beta.

"Is that how you train. Practically killing each other ?" Alpha Cole asks.

"Yes, Alpha. We do. They are trained like this. Now if you don't mind, we have to continue." Beta Ben snaps. He hates the pack and is doing nothing to hide it.

I turn to Josh and he still has 3 daggers left. My stomach has already healed. He lunges towards me but I catch him by his waist and throw his off like a sack. He hits a tree on the top that is like really far. And slumps down like a rug doll. I might've broken his spine.

'Awesome' Winter says.

Gasps are heard around us and we find not only ours but Cole's pack's wolves too looking at us. I threw Josh pretty hard.

Josh lunges for me and I duck down but as he passes above me he stabs me in the back and I fall down struggling to get the dagger off. He stabs me again and again. Three daggers are in me and I need to get them out.

'You can do this' Winter encourages.

Josh is standing above me with a grin on his face. I stand up. Stabbed. With the knives still in me and break his balance by his leg by breaking it. Then I take his arm and throw him off again. I buy me some time to take out the knives.

Josh is healed by now and is walking to me. He reaches up to me and turns around to kick me but I catch his leg and thrown him on the ground and sit on his to keep him down.

"Off" Beta Ben says. I get off and offer my hand to Josh to help him up. We collect the daggers and when Josh is in front of me I stab his once in the back and take out the knife. He screams.

"Stabbed me thrice" I point at him and walk away.

"Yes, leave me here. Thank You" he says sarcastically behind me.

The whole crowd dispersed except Alpha Drake, Alpha Cole, Beta Ben, Beta James and me and Josh.

"Is that what you call training. Anyone of you would've died today" Cole snaps furiously.