Chapter-7

Ashley's POV.

He looks beyond furious right now. But who the hell is he to tell us like that. To talk to us like that ? He has no fucking right. He is here to be with us. Better not interfere in our internal matters.

Before I say or do anything I regret I change my course and start walking off. I hear his growl from behind me. But there is no stopping me. I am really boiling at his audacity at this point. How dare he !

"Get back here !" He uses his alpha tone on me. Then I hear another growl followed by a series. Alpha tone doesn't work on me. I turn back and give him a dirty look the proceed walking away. Now he knows better then to use his alpha benefits on me.

I am fuming by the moment I reach home. I open my apartment door and as soon as I enter Bruno comes upto me and gets on his twos as he struggles to reach up to my neck and starts licking me. My all anger melts away just like that.

There is something about him that just makes my day. I giggle as he continues to pick my neck. Then I noticed the foreign scent.

'It's him'

'I know. How the fuck did he get in ? And how is Bruno totally alright with it ? Last time I saw Bruno wanted to bite his head off.'

'I don't know. But he is really angry right now.'

'Great. An angry Cole. An empty apartment. And Ashley alone. Great combination. Feel free to note the sarcasm'

'Not the time'

I frantically start looking around in hopes of finding him gone. Maybe that's an old scent. But all the thoughts go down the drain when I find him in my room going through my closet and my old photos. What the hell ?

If he is going through them then he has already noticed it. Or hasn't he ?

"There are no family photos here" he asks.

"What the hell !! How did you get in ? Why are you going through my personal stuff ?"

"Answer my question and I answer yours"

"How dare you !" I say through gritted teeth.

He looks up from the photos at me and blinks. Then his expression changes from confused to that of pure coldness and anger. He closes my album and stalk towards me.

My own anger resurfacing, I stand my grounds. He has no fucking right demanding answers.

"How dare I ? How dare you walk away from me ?" He says.

"You have no right invading my privacy like that. Get out."

"Who are you ?"

"None of your business"

"Ashley....."

"I am just a girl with whose pack you have a treaty with. If I tell my alpha about this he won't be happy. Whatever the reason the treaty will be off. Get out Cole. Don't make me repeat."

He growls at the disrespect and pushes me roughly onto the wall with his hands on my neck cutting off my air supply.

"Don't push me"

"Wh....why does.... it bo....bother.... you ?"I stutter.

"It does"

"We a....are no....nothing t....to ea....each other. Better ke....keep it th....that way. Who am I to you ?"

"Ashley...." he says in a warning tone. His grip tightens. I can barely breath.

"I.... ha....hate You" I manage out.

At that he looses me altogether and I pant on the ground with large huffs of much needed air. When I am finally settled the reality of the situation dawns on me. He tried to kill me. My own mate tried to kill me.

"I am glad we are nothing to each other. I deserve better then you. Someone patient. Someone who deserves me. Someone who can love me. Someone who won't try to kill me. Someone.... who is not you" I spit with venom.

'Don't do this, Ashley'

'He is not right for us, winter'

'Please'

'I am sorry'

I take a huge amount of air and I look up to meet his eyes. They hold so much secrets. So much hatred. So much venom. But an emotion I can't decipher. Hurt.... ?

"I, Ashley, reject you Alpha Co....."

I never get to complete the sentence. I am being pushed against the wall again. But this time it's not hurtful. This time it's quite inviting. He looks down at me in a warning look.

"Alpha Cole as....." I try again to complete my sentence, but I am cut off once again as I feel something warm press against my lips. It's takes me a minute to realise what it was.

Cole's lips. He was kissing me. We were kissing. He holds me by my face and his other arm on my waist as he pulls me to him. He asks for entrance and I give him one. Ecstasy is all I feel when his tongue is exploring my mouth. I feel high. As it is my new drug. And before I know it. I am kissing him back too.