Chapter-14

Cole's POV.

The ride to her apartment was eerily quiet. No words were spoken. Although I wanted to turn the car another way and drive somewhere where Josh couldn't follow us. I was so tempted to talk to her, but held back. It was like we all were getting ready for the talk that was about to take place. But all that was going through my mind was that how I was supposed to tell her about me.

Logan was all in for the idea since it would in a way mean a step closer to Ashley and intimacy with her. How was I supposed to explain to her that I killed my parents ?

When we finally reached her apartment building the tension had grew anticipating what was about to come next. We got out of the car nd Josh parked in next to us. The elevator ride was awfully slow and it sucked because it was a really small elevator and we three were cramped up in it. You could literally taste the tension in the air. The 'ding' of the elevator indicated that we reached her floor. She opened her apartment door. And then came a barking Bruno from the other room and jumped in her arms. He licked her and then jumped to Josh.

'Bruno is more comfortable with Josh then we are. Just proves how close they are' Logan's voice says in my mind. He is right. That got me jealous. Then we all proceeded to her couch and she offered beverages. But we refused I wanted to get it out as soon as possible. And I had to make a peace offering.

"Since this was your idea and you decided to tell. me about your past, we shall first start off with mine" I say. They both share a look then slowly nod. I was really getting irritated with their relationship now, but I was going to find out in sometime anyway.

"There was a prophecy. It said that the first mate of Amelia Winston would be a leader, an Alpha, in its true sense since he would be the son of the moon goddess and her mate. Amelia was the moon-goddess. Nobody knew. But their baby would have both their powers. The downfall was that if Amelia did have a child but not with her mate, the baby would grow up to be breed a monster. Monsters don't have mates. I was taught to believe since I was a child that I won't have a mate. Imagine my surprise when I met you. I wasn't able to believe it. And you showed such indifference to my presence. I thought it was just me. But then you shivered and I knew it was true.

An explorer means that he would give advices to other alphas on their packs and territories and he would still be above them. Moon Goddess was actually an angel before she became a goddess. That was my mother. Her mate would've been my father. But as everyone came to know about the prophecy they came to visit my mom. In hopes that maybe they were the mate. Even mated males showed up. But none were. Then one day, Russell, a guy from Italy came to visit my mom. He had the strongest pack in Europe. My mom being an Angel felt a bond to him. But not a good one. Angel's have the strength of sixth sense when no one else does. He came to know about it. But he misunderstood it as a good one. So he started advancing her. Roses everyday. Dates on weekends and stuff. One day he confronted my mother. She refused. She wanted none other than her mate. The dates, the roses, they were imposed on her.

He was known to have a temper. He lost it that day and raped my mother. She ended up being pregnant.... with me. She couldn't keep the baby with Russell because three days prior to finding out my sex she found that Russell had a mate. But she was abused everyday by the monster.

So she ran. As far as she could. She was successful for 8 months when she came across a really green and lush forest. She was lured in by the scent. The scent that could change her life. The scent of her mate. His name was Clyde. And he.... He was an explorer. Amelia... She didn't care as long as her mate accepted her. They shared their stories with each other and accepted each other. It went fine for five years or so.

Russell found out. He came and he killed Clyde. He kept Amelia alive since he knew that now he couldn't keep the baby's temper in control he needed a leverage. The baby was a monster since early age. It's first kill was when it was 7. He used her as one. Since Amelia's mate had died she was dying each day. The baby was 10 when it reached full maturity. But it remembered everything that happened five years ago.

He was waiting for a perfect opportunity to attack. So when he got one, he attacked. He killed Russell that day and also his mother. She was barely alive. Russell gave her food once a week just to keep her alive. But she had gone crazy now. She couldn't recognize anyone. So he had to end her suffering.

That baby was me. I killed her. I killed my mother. I am the prophecy baby" I say with a stone heart.