Chapter-12

Ashley's POV

'What just happened ?'

At least we know that it's Cole fighting his wolf. Cole is the one who hates us... not his wolf. Which should be a bad thing but somehow it relieves me.

'If we are gonna go through this we need to reject him and then disappear. You know what I mean ?'

Yes.

'Josh ?'

Josh.

I look around in the school hallways looking for Josh. He didn't come to pick me up today. Well someone is angry. But I get it. He is worried about me. I would be too if I had found me in the state he did years ago.

Then I spot his mass of blonde hair. He was talking to some of his friends. I walk up to him and I put my hand on his shoulder. He turns glances at me and then continues doing whatever he was with his friends acting like I wasn't there.

"Josh ?" I prompt him. He doesn't respond.

"Josh" I repeat the process several times but he is unfazzed. Now his friends are looking at me curiously.

Finally when I have had enough of it, I roughly turn him around and shake him like anything.

"What is wrong with you ?" I shout in his face.

"Me ? You were the one to disappear and something is wrong with me ?" He says right back.

"He was there" I say softly looking away. That alone catches his attention.

He pulls me by my elbow through the crowded corridor of our school. I see Alpha Cole looking at us as we pass by. He does not look happy. But fortunately does nothing. Josh pulls me into an empty classroom.

"Tell me everything" he demands.

"He was there at the pack house yesterday. He said that I should stay away from you. He is not ready to reject me but he doesn't even want anything to do with me. After sometime I figured it out that it was his wolf not him. His wolf wanted me. Not him. Josh.... my wolf isn't even strong enough. I can't handle this.

I was offered an iternship under Mr.John Everett. He is the lead photographer for Fox traveller. He said that if I accept this he will make sure I graduate high school anyhow since I would be travelling all around the world with him.

You know about me, Josh. He will accepts us, just to reject us when he knows my past. My wolf won't survive this if he keeps this up. I can't survive this. I have to get away. I will get away. I cant stay here.... with him. I am sorry" by the time I am finished I am broken down into tears.

"Hey, hey, hey..... sh..... baby, it's alright. It's okay. I am with you on this one. I will help you, anyhow I can. That's what I am here for, aren't I ? Don't worry. It'll pass.... sh.... now don't cry..." Josh tries to sooth me. And it works. But only to some extent.

The bell rings signalling the start of school. My first lecture is free. Mrs. Jones is not here today and the proxy is ill. Lucky huh ? But Josh has to go. It's gym for him.

"I'll meet you in the lunch break, Ash. You'll get through this. Don't worry." He says and walks away after pecking me on my forehead.

I take a deep breath after he left. I lean back against the benches to regain my breath.

"Are you alright ?"

No.

"I'm sorry, I am not strong enough"

It's not your fault

The door slams open so loudly that for a moment I thought it broke. There stands Alpha Cole in all his glory, nose flaring, eyes holding such rage that can consume up to the whole room.

"Your not going anywhere" he growls menacingly. Even though I know what he is talking about I try to play safe.

"What... what are you talking about, Mr. Mason ?"

"I heard your talk with.... Josh" he sneers.

Should I continue in Ashley's POV or should I add Cole's too ? Next one is in Ashley's POV.