Chapter 5: The Perfect Date

Courtney POV

"Okay. How do I look?" I say as I exit the bathroom, where Gwen and Bridgette were waiting on her bed.

"Court. You look so cute!" Bridgette says and I smile. "Really?" I'm wearing a red-knit sweater dress and brown boots. My hair is wavy and I'm wearing gold hoop earrings and bracelets.

"Meh. You look average." Gwen teases and I smack her on the shoulder lightly. "Thanks Gwennie." I say.

I'm kind of freaking out over my first date with Taylor, I don't want him to think I'm lame or weird.

The doorbell rings and I shake my hands out nervously. "Well. Go to your date. We'll be waiting for you when you get back!" Bridgette says shuffling me out the door.

"Use Protection!!!" I hear Gwen shout and I roll my eyes.

"Hi." I say to Taylor as I open the door. He's wearing a button down and some jeans, something I can't help but think Duncan would never get caught in. His brown hair is combed nicely and his brown eyes look lovely.

"You look gorgeous." He says and I feel my cheeks heat up. "You look handsome." He holds out his arm and I gladly take it.
---------------------------------------------
"You can't be serious!!!" I say as I laugh uncontrollably.

"I'm so serious." Taylor says laughing. We're having a hell of a time at the little Italian restaurant. I've learned so many things about Taylor Evans in the past hour.

He has a younger sister(whom he claims his 'fucking annoying as hell') and an older brother who is currently in med school. His father is a professor at the state college and his mother died when he was 10. His father wants him to become some hotshot lawyer (like mine) but he wants to major in music.

"What about you?" He asks, twirling the spaghetti around his fork.

"Well. I live in Landon *Made up* Canada. I'm 16 years old. I live with my Dad, who works as a lawyer and on the weekends I visit my Mom, though she's never actually home. I have a Maltese, her name is Pumpkin. I want to become a nurse but my parents don't think that's an acceptable job." I say.

He nods and chews his food. Then he grins at me. "Any crazy ex-boyfriends?"

My mind immediately goes to Duncan, but I shake the thought. He's out of my life. "No." I say smiling. "You?" He shakes his head.

We finish the meal and he pays. Afterwards we ride home, and I smile the whole time.

Gwen POV

"I hear a car!!!!" Bridgette says and we pause the 80's movie we were watching, and we crowd around the window. Taylor walks Courtney up to the window and we rush toward the door so we can eavesdrop.

"I had a really great time tonight Taylor. You had no idea how much I needed it." She says and Taylor smiles.

"You're welcome. I'll call you tomorrow." Then we hear a kissing noise. We hold in our giggles.

Then Courtney's right by the door so we rush to the couch and act like we weren't listening in. We play the movie and start stuffing our face with popcorn.

"Hey guys..." Courtney says dreamily and Bridgette and I exchange a look.

"Tell us all the details!!!!" I say. Pretty in Pink can wait.

And Courtney begins to divulge into every detail of the date. And for the first time since Duncan, I see her smile huge. As long as he makes her happy, Taylor is an okay guy in my books.