Chapter 7: Birthday

Gwen POV

"Courtney! That banner is crooked!" Geoff says as Courtney finally manages to get the huge birthday banner up. Courtney glares at him from the ladder.

"Geoff! I know you want this to be perfect but this is fucking hard so I would appreciate it if you didn't criticize it." But Geoff isn't listening. He's telling DJ to blow up the balloons faster.

We've been doing this for the majority of yesterday afternoon and rid morning: setting up for Bridgette's 17th birthday party. Geoff, of course has been on all our asses about everything being just right.

"Ugh. Bridgette better like this party...." Courtney says and I nod.

It's a everything ocean kind of theme. Because of Bridgette's love for the water and you'd think we'd be having it on the beach but Geoff just poured huge bags of sand all over the place. Hate to be the janitor. "Okay. Bridgette's gonna be here soon. Everybody needs to get into costume."

Everybody had to pick something to dress up as; Mine was Ursula, after the movie the Little Mermaid. Trent coincidentally picked Prince Eric. Courtney picked a mermaid and Duncan opted for a pirate.

"Bridgette's just right outside guys! Hide!" Geoff screams and we all scramble to find a spot.

I find one behind a thick fake palm tree and Trent hides with me. "You look wickedly gorgeous.." He whispers and I blush. I temporarily dyed my hair grey just for this occasion, so at least my boyfriend likes it.

"Shit. Am I at the right place? Hello? Geoff where are you?" Bridgette calls and switches on the light.

"Surprise!!!!" We all shout.

"Oh my god!" Bridgette says and holds her chest. "Happy Birthday babe!" Geoff says wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Did you do all this?" She asks.

"No. We did the majority of it. He just bossed us around." Courtney says jokingly and we all laugh. "That's true. They did most of the decorations, but it was planned by yours truly." Geoff was dressed as what I believed to be a sailor.

"Bridge! Now that you're here, you have to get into costume!" Me and Courtney usher her into the bathroom and Courtney pulls out a costume that, if it was any shorter, could've qualified for lingerie.

"I don't know..." Bridgette says and Courtney rolls her eyes. Bridgette puts it on and Courtney teases her hair and puts on the sailor hat.

"You look hot!" Courtney says letting out a whistle and I laugh. "Yea. You do Bridge. Geoff should've gotten you guys a hotel room for later tonight." I say and Bridgette starts blushing like mad.

"Let's get you out there birthday girl!"Courtney says and we usher her back to the party, where everybody is having a good time.

We push her right into Geoff, who is drinking beer with Duncan. He turns around and his eyes nearly bulge out their sockets. "You look....hot!" He cries and Bridgette smiles. "Thanks. So do you!"

Owen comes up to us, shark costume already stained with food. "Whoa. Bridgette! Looking good!" He says and laughs. "Oh! I'm next! Compliment me Owen!" Courtney teases and models her mermaid outfit. She does make a really good mermaid; her hair is wavy and part of it is pinned back by a sea-shell bobby pin. She has on a red glittery mermaid style bra and somehow managed to find a red mermaid style scaly skirt.

"Courtney! You look....hot!" Owen says and Courtney laughs. I look over at Duncan and he's staring at Courtney intently, though one of his eyes is covered by an eyepatch.

Trent comes up and puts his arm around me. "I would love for you to put a spell on me!" He says seductively and I giggle and kiss him.

"I thought I already did." And I take his hand and lead him to the dance floor, where one of my favorite songs is playing.