Chapter 8: The Big Plan

Bridgette POV

"Bridgette! I demand to know where we're going this instant!" Courtney says as she stomps her foot. I roll my eyes and keep leading her towards the big surprise.

Weeks ago, I wouldn't have helped Duncan but I've seen how heartbroken he is. And how much he loves her; they deserve to be together.

"Okay. Sit." I say and she slowly sits down. I untie her blindfold and she looks around and frowns. "Where the hell are we?" I don't answer her question, I simply just walk away and leave her in the chair.

Courtney POV

"Bridgette?! Bridgette!" I yell and when I realize she's gone I start to freak out. Until I realize all the roses around and the candles. Duncan. I'm about to get up when he comes. "Please stay. I spent all day working on this." He doesn't have his typical smirk on and I am shocked when I see him wearing a tux.

It surprisingly looks good on him. Hot even. I relax into the chair. I expect him to sit in the chair across from me but instead he motions to a DJ, who's on a piano. "Hit it DJ." He starts to sing.

The best thing about tonight is we're not fighting
Could it be that we have been this way before
I know you don't think that I am trying
I know you're wearing thin down to the core
But hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again don't make me change my mind
Or I won't live to see another day I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find

I don't even realize I'm crying until I have to wipe the stray tears off my cheeks. Happy tears though.

This is not what I intended
I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed but I have loved you from the start
Oh but hold your breath

Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again don't make me change my mind or I won't live to see another day I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
It's impossible

So breathe in so deep
Breathe me in
I'm yours to keep
And hold on to your words
Cause talk is cheap
And remember me tonight when you're asleep

Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind or I won't live to see another day I swear it's true because a girl like you is impossible to find

Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again don't make me change my mind or I won't live to see another day I swear it's true because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find

I curse myself as I wipe my face and see the familiar black smears all over my hands. "Shit." I mutter as I frantically search for a napkin.

"Courtney." Duncan says as he kneels beside me and I look at him. "I don't really sing in front of people, especially girls. But you're not just any girl, you are the love of my life. I know I fucked up and there's nothing I can say that will change or excuse what I did. But I want more than anything to make up for it. I love you so much-" He's talking way too much.

I grab him and press my lips hard against his. The familiar soft warm feeling I get whenever I kiss him returns and I feel him smile.

After a couple minutes I break apart to breathe. "Will you be my girlfriend again?" He whispers quietly, our foreheads against each other, but we manage to look into one another's eyes.

I can't find the words so I just nod. He lifts me up in the air and twirls me around. We're both laughing and I feel truly happy. After a minute he sets me down. "You look really hot in a tux." I say running my hand through his mohawk, a habit I missed.

"I always look hot babe." He says and I laugh. I missed my egotistical ogre.