Chapter Four- In which she realizes he has no light.

I felt my heart pick up in speed as I realized what I just did. It's not like I meant to. His comment for some reason made me anxious. And as a result I kneed him in his private parts, but I didn't think he'd get hurt this bad. And then a though came to mind: Why in the hell am I still standing here?! As soon as I realized that, I darted past him but didn't get far before I felt arms wrap around my waist, I was lifted and carried back to only be pinned against the wall. My hands trapped between mine and Rush's body.

"So fucking stupid." He whisped angrily, as he glared at me. Then he leaned in closer, so close that anyone who walked by and were to look our way would probably thinking we were sharing a kiss, before whispering the harshest and most hurtful thing I had ever heard from anyone before, "You are so fucking worthless, do you even know that? You walk into a dangerous situation, not even thinking about consequences. And then when I catch you to offer you a way home- or was going to after you fucking calmed down you kneed me in the fucking balls. You're lucky I don't fucking put a bullet through your fucking head. Not that it would hurt me any to watch you die. I wonder if mommy and daddy would even noticed? Probably not. Stupid fucking little cunt. Maybe I should drag you back over where I was and let my friends have fun with you, but they'd probably be disgusted with you." He spat as he punched the wall beside my head. I hiccupped as the tears trail down my face as all the words came tumbling from his mouth.

"I-I'm sorry, Rush. I didn't m-mean to make you angry. I was just s-scared." I sobbed, as I wrapped my arms around myself. I felt his eyes on me before he backed up from. I looked up at him, making eye contact with him and flinch when I noticed the harsh glare.

"Go the fuck home December before I fucking kill you." He sneered, before roughly pulling me from the wall and pushing me forward, I tripped falling to my knees, before pushing myself up and running away from him. From his words. From his threats. From this night.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Waking up the next morning was a pain. Literally. I had never woken up feeling that horrible. The side of my head hurt where I had slammed my head against the wall and there was a purplish/blue with a tint of yellow bruise on the side of my face from hitting my head so hard. As I pulled my blonde hair to the side I noticed a cut going from temple to my ear, but it wasn't too bad which is probably why I didn't notice it last night. I noticed my left palm all scraped up a long with my right palm which I earned when I lost my balance running away. As I looked I noticed my knees all scraped up as well and noticing this made me want to ball my eyes out but I held it together as I made my way to the shower, as I walked out my bedroom door I felt something slam into my back and I lost my balance, slamming face first into our hardword floor. I groaned as I tasted metal.

"Shit! Ember, I'm so sorry sis." Four hissed, while helping me up. I turned to face and he growled, "Other then what I did to your lip, what the hell happened to your face? Because I know for a fact I didn't do that."

"Well last night I was walking home and this group of people were all running and joking around and they didn't see me, I didn't move out of the way quick enough and they pretty much shoved me into a building and being the klutzy girl I am, slammed my head into the wall. Causing this!" I sighed, I didn't mean to intentionally lie about it. I was going to tell the truth, but my family has so much going on right now and I don't want to cause anymore problems. My brother stared at a moment longer before running a hand through his hair and nodding.

"Okay, look Ember, I'm sorry. Go clean up your lip and I'll take you to school." I nodded, before making my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††

"Holly fuck, what the fuck happened to your fucking face?" Kacy asked loudly, catching a few peoples attention.

I glared at her as I opened my locker, "Will you shut it? God, I don't need the whole school asking questions." I hissed angrily.

She nodded, while staring at me. I grabbed my stuff before turning to her, but my eyes found someone a few lockers down from us and realized that maybe I can't tell Kacy what really happened.

I guess I'd just have to tell her the same story I told Four.

★★★ ★★★ ★★★

"So that's what happened." I shrug as I finish telling Kacy everything.

She sat quietly for a while with a frown upon her face, "Poor Four. He must have felt so guilty and then everything being so hard at home for you guys." She whispered, looking down at her hands.

I swallowed thickly as I looked the other way. It was no surprise to me that my best friend was in love with my older brother. Not that she would ever admit it to me and I knew for a fact that she held a special place in my brother's heart and I knew soon I would have to tell her to go for it, but I wasn't sure if I was actually okay with them being together. Don't get me wrong. I want them to be happy. Its just that- well that is my brother and my best friend.

"Hey, why don't you go over to my house and check on him? I need to go to the store after school and I think he needs someone whose not a family member to talk to." I suggested, while chewing on the inside of my cheek.

She looked up at me with hope lighting her big brown eyes, she brushed her long blonde hair out of her face, before asking, "Are you sure?" I laughed softly, before nodding.

"Of course."

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††

I stood at my locker, shoving my music sheets inside of my bag. I slammed my locker shut before turning to head the other way, towards the doors but before I could I was roughly pulled back and shoved hard into the lockers. I whimpered as pain shot throughout my whole body, leaving me breathless. "Shit." I whispered quietly as I looked up into the eyes of Rush. "What the hell do you want?" I yelled, noticing the school was empty for the first time.

"What the hell did you tell that bitch, Kacy?" He snarled, pushing me harder into the locker. I whimpered pathetically.

I glared at him, before hissing, "Don't worry. I didn't fucking tell her anything about you. Didn't even mention it." He glared at me before backing up from me. I watch him bite his lip as he looked up at me. I watched as he frowned, before reaching forwards only to drop his hand, "Are- Are you okay?"

My eyes widen for second before I could stop them. I shrugged as I played with the hem of my black hoodie, "Not really. But I'll live."

"Listen, December I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean for you to get so hurt. I was trying- dammit -to prevent that from happening." He reached towards me again and pushed my hair from my forehead. I winced, looking away from him.

And the next thing I knew I was in Rush Carter's arms. He was hugging me. His arms wrapped firmly around me. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him as he rubbed my back softly. "Come with me, so I can properly take care of your injuries." I nodded, as he pulled back to take me hand and followed him out.

The only question running through my mind is: What is going on?