Chapter Five- In which she realizes he has a light, it's just out.

"Hold still." Rush hissed, as I flinched away from him..again.

"Well we wouldn't even be here in this mess if it wasn't for you." I retorted and immediately regretted what I had said as the dark look took over his face and he started pulling away. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to me, "Look Rush, I'm sorry. I can be a bitch. I know that, just please ignore anything that comes out of my mouth. Will you please finish helping me with- well this?" I asked, jesturing to myself.

Rush just continued to stare at me and I was about to ask if he was alright when he sighed and brought his hand up with an alcohol wipe and swiped my cut from my temple to my ear. I hissed as it stung and Rush looked at me before returning his gaze to my forehead, "Hold my hand if it hurts to much." He mumbled. I blushed as his words penetrated, but before I could stop myself I winced and grabbed his hand that was cupping my chin. He froze while darting his eyes to my hand holding his. "Your hands are so small." He whispered, before turning his hand away from mine. I was disappointed until he grabbed my hand and held it in his. Lacing his fingers through mine. "I know you probably hate me, but I meant it when I said I was sorry December. I never meant to hurt you." I leaned forward on his bed, he leaned back, but I whispered, "Stop." He froze as I gripped him by his shoulder and kissed him on the corner of his lips.

"I forgive you." Before I could pull back Rush reached behind my head and cupped the back of my head and pulled my lips back to his
. His lips softly pressed to mine moved ever so slowly, before I felt his tongue swipe against my lower lip, I moaned as I parted my lips for him. Rush slowly pushed me back on the bed and pressed his whole body against mine. I moaned, as his tongue searched my mouth before I decided to do the same and he sucked on my tongue before trying to fight it. I let him win as he searched my mouth again. I moaned as his hands moved down my side until he got to the hem of my shirt and pulled it up a bit while tracing my side. I pulled away laughing as he continued to gently tickle my side, his lips trailed down to my neck. I moaned, Rush's hands trailed down further and I grabbed his hands, and pulled them back up, "Rush, stop." I whispered, he looked up at me, before nodding.

"Alright. Sorry, I just carried away." He sighed in a raspy voice.

I grabbed his hand, rubbing my thumb along the outside of his palm, "Me too." He squeezed my hand, before pulling his away and getting up, heading to the bathroom.

I sighed, as I scooted to the edge of the bed. I wonder what the kiss meant? Did it mean he likes me? Did it mean he wants me to be his girlfriend? Did I even want to?

Yes, stupid. I mean come on! He's Rush Carter.

"Shut up." I mumbled, oh great I'm talking to myself now.

"You regret it, don't you?" Rush asked, watching me from the bathroom door.

I looked up at him, before shaking my head 'no'. "I just don't know- like what it meant for us? Did it mean anything? I mean what are we?" Rush sighed, running his hand down his face.

"Why does it have to mean something? Why does it have to have a label?" He groaned, "I mean, we're friends who like to kiss. Why does it have to get complicated?"

I froze as I realized the kiss meant nothing to him. I nodded frantically as I stood up, searching for my bag. "You're right. Friends. I mean its like friends with benefits minus the sex. No offense but I don't want to loose my V to a friend with benefits. And also why do things have labels? They're whatever's. But yeah, I agree. Friends who like to kiss. Definitely. I should probably go now. My family is probably worried." I knew I was babbling but it was like I couldn't stop. I walked up to Rush and pecked him on the check before running out the door.