XXVIII. You've got the lights on in the afternoon

❄️

❄️

I MISS NAMGI SM

#nobetawedielikeYDCyoongisparents

anyways, time skip to uni life.

❄️

namjoon and yoongi had matched up on universities, both of them getting into the university of cambridge. the two were ecstatic to say the least, jumping up and down and hugging each other when they opened the letters at namjoon's auntie's home.

things were going well, overall. namjoon and yoongi kept each other grounded and focused in their studies, not needing much of a social life outside of themselves. though, yoongi had made a... close friend to say the least in his psychology lectures.

namjoon wanted to be so happy for his best friend but he couldn't help but feel as though yoongi was being dishonest with him. the older boy left the accommodations at mid-day every wednesday on account of going to a basketball society practise game then came back, barely even tired with that guy from his lectures. they'd linger out the door, laugh and giggle a bit before yoongi finally came inside, slightly red. namjoon didn't know whether or not to bring it up but he decided he couldn't deal with it racing in his mind any longer.

"hyung.." namjoon whispered, putting his pen down and flicking it over to yoongi who smiled and flicked it right back.

"my joonie..?" yoongi whispered back, resting his chin on the heel of his palm. namjoon frowned and rested his chin on his notebook, "what's up?"

"hyung, we're still best friends, right?" namjoon mumbled, looking at the main entrance to the library instead of at yoongi who frowned just the same as the younger boy. yoongi sighed and grabbed namjoon's hands, squeezing them reassuringly.

"we'll always be best friends." namjoon nodded dismissively, "why? what's up, joon?"

"you spend a lot of time with eric from psychology... and i don't even know if you really are going to basketball society because you don't look very tired or like you've been playing basketball," namjoon said, turning slightly red from embarrassment. yoongi did something similar.

"ah... um, you're right. i... i haven't been entirely truthful with you, namjoon—"

"—seriously?"

"namjoon—i—i... i haven't been entirely truthful with anyone. i... i'm bisexual, namjoon. i like guys and girls. guys... mainly." yoongi mumbled, quickly removing his hands from namjoon's and setting them under his thighs to warm them up. namjoon went silent for a moment, thinking.