XXIX. And the nights are drawn out long

❄️

❄️

"hyung! don't worry about him," jungkook said, a comforting hand on yoongi's frozen shoulder. the boy shivered dramatically, feeling yoongi's skin, "you're freezing!"

"some wine would do you good," seokjin said, an encouraging tone as he held the bottle in one hand and a glass in the other.

needless to say, everyone was surprised but not too taken aback when yoongi abandoned the glass, taking a long swig of the beverage.

"fuck that guy!" yoongi shouted, "we're having fun!"

nobody seemed to say anything, a silent celebration over yoongi's breakup until a loud—and quickly quietening—'WAHEYY' came from hoseok. then a couple judgemental glares from the rest of the group.

"what?" hoseok asked, "i'm an aspiring footballer, i've also been an avid football fan my entire life—this isn't on me!"

"sure it isn't, big guy," seokjin laughed, taking the bottle from yoongi and having a sip himself.

❄️

early the next morning—like severely early—jungkook was woken up by slight shuffling and the sound of someone moving around in the room. he squeezed his eyes shut and opened them slightly to see hoseok awake and digging through the bag he brought with him, pulling out a football and some headphones.

the older quickly left the accommodation and jungkook quickly got up, ignoring his headache and queasiness as he pulled on his trainers, jumper and coat, following hoseok to where ever he was going.

as it turns out, hoseok was following directions on his phone and ended up at a park. it was empty and the grass had frosted over but that didn't seem to stop hoseok who was in a hoodie and shorts. jungkook shivered and checked the temperature on his phone, his eyes widened quickly when he saw that it was -5 degrees and hoseok was out in this weather. the sun had barely come up yet!

the younger of the two frowned, taking off his coat and holding it in his hands.

"hoseok hyung!" he yelled from the other side of the gates. hoseok wasn't paying attention to him, simply doing tricks with the football whilst he listened to whatever was in his headphones. jungkook sighed, goosebumps on his arms from the weather.

he walked over to the older, tapping him on the shoulder.

"hm? oh, jungkook... hi," hoseok nervously said, loosing control of the ball as he pulled down his headphones to let them rest around his neck. jungkook barely held his surprise.