THREE .

┈─ ˚ . THIRD OCCURRENCE . ˚ ─┈
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

minghao doesn't have any classes with him junior year, in fact he doesn't see him all semester.

maybe it's a good thing, he thinks, less of a distraction from my studies. he snorts at his own comment. "who am i fooling?"

he purses his lips in thought, jumping when a stack of books get placed on his cart. "myungho, put this away too please, dear."

minghao forgets he volunteered at their campus library.

maybe he should have taken the offer to help instruct an art class. then again, they probably wouldn't provide him with a free space to sleep upstairs after pulling an all nighter.

he thanks mrs. kim for being so understanding. on her best days, she even gives him tips for his hard work, who was he to refuse free money?

he gives her a smile, nodding his head as she pats him on the shoulder before shushing a group of students at the farther end of the shelves.

had he came here to study with soonyoung and junhui ( who happened to be on her bad side ) freshman year, he probably wouldn't be allowed in here again.

holding in a laugh, he continues with his duties; pulling the books that don't follow the dewey decimal system out, placing them in their respective spots, and reorganizing the rest later.

he puts more than half of the books on the cart to their designated shelves, making a mental note to search where the rest would go on the library's computer.

if he was being honest, he absolutely loved his job here. he wonders if he can ask mrs. kim for an actual employment once his volunteer hours are completed.

he stops walking upon hearing what sounded like a child crying somewhere nearby. looking around to see no one in sight he searches for the younger, coming to yet, another hault when he hears hushed voices much closer this time.

he peers his head around the shelf he was hiding behind to see a man crouching in front of the boy.

wait a minute, he could recognize that back anywhere–

no time to ask how.

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

mingyu wipes the boy's tears away with a frown. "hey, it's okay buddy. you're okay. what's wrong?"

the boy sniffles, looking up through his wet lashes before wrapping his arms around mingyu's neck. "i think i lost my sister in here..i can't find her anywhere." he mumbles into his shoulder and mingyu hums, rubbing circles on his back.

"well, i'll tell you what. why don't you and i go and see if we can find her here yeah? what's her name?"

the boy pulls away, another sniffle escapes before he speaks up, "park yuri."

mingyu thinks for a moment, trying to recall if he's heard that name anywhere, but no one comes in mind. "alright bud, let's look around."

as soon as minghao sees him take the younger's hand he decides it's best to come out from where he was so called "hiding".

he comes up from behind the shelf, walking quietly up to the two. "i think i can help you guys.."

he doesn't wish to make eye contact with mingyu, but his eyes still manage to betray him. he's sure he's blushing, but if the taller notices he keeps quiet about it.

"oh really?" mingyu asks with a welcoming smile making minghao's heart warm. "i have access to the library's intercoms so..i can make a quick announcement." he replies quietly, growing nervous by the second.

mingyu hums looking down at the little boy, "what do you say buddy? minghao's willing to help us out, let's go yeah?" the little boy nods, giving mingyu a thumbs up which he returned.

the blonde decides he'll be able to die peacefully after hearing mingyu say his birth name. he didn't even know he knew about it, everyone's called him myungho ever since a group of seniors complained about his chinese name his freshman year.

he didn't think he'd hear it come out of anyone else's mouth that wasn't junhui or soonyoung.

clearing his throat he motions for them to follow him, telling them to stand beside the front desk so he could make the announcement.

"if park yuri is still in the building please come to the front desk. there is someone waiting for park yuri."

six minutes pass by when a pink haired girl rushes to the front desk in a panicked state. it only takes her a couple of seconds to register her brother next to it. "jimin! oh my god, are you okay? i went insane looking for you!"

she thanks mingyu, offering to pay him back later if they ever cross paths again, not even sparing minghao a glance until the taller speaks up. "um actually, myungho–no–minghao, it was his idea to make an announcement. you should thank him too."

yuri looks to her right, seeing a shy minghao wave at her from behind the desk. she thanks him as well, waits for jimin to say goodbye to the two before going on their way.

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

when he hears mingyu tap the desk minghao looks at him.

"so–"

"you know my name."

mingyu opens his mouth, then closes it at the sudden cut off. he lets out a laugh later, "yeah, yes i know your name. you're acting like you've never heard someone say your name before."

the blonde blinks, still unable to process the whole thing. he really knows my name?

"not that one."

"what?"

"oh, nothing. nevermind."

they fall silent after that, one having a crisis in his head while the other tries to come up with words to say.

there's no way of telling who was which.

minghao coughs as mingyu clears his throat. "well–" they both say in unison, falling into a fit of giggles after that.

"it's nice to see you again minghao."

"y-yeah you too."

when minghao goes home that day he doesn't waste time to tell soonyoung and junhui all about it.