SIX .

┈─ ˚ .  BEGINNING ENCOUNTER . ˚ ─┈
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

mingyu doesn't understand college as a freshman. it's just too complicated; from the lectures, to finding the right professor, getting a job, and extracurriculars on top of that.

he just doesn't think he'll have time to do all the things he wished in high school.

he doesn't know why he dropped out of culinary to focus on architecture full time. maybe because he didn't really need the cooking lessons, he had his mum's restaurant for that.

he's starting to hate moving out.

he also hates reading more.

what's the point in reading about who created what when they're not even alive anymore? really, it was just stupid! and yet, his professor expects him to write an essay on some dead guy? yeah right.

he looks at the shelf above his head with his hands tucked away into his pockets.

the art of architecture.

architecture and its beginning.

the faces behind the buildings you see today.

"what a load of crap." he mumbles under his breath, reaching up to grab one of the books in hope that it'll help him write the damn paper.

why he doesn't think to look down before he trips over a book that had been left behind by some random idiot first, completely went over his head.

not that he'd complain about the events to follow after.

because the first time he fell for xu minghao was at the beginning of that year, where they first happened to meet in that small section of the library.

to be precise, the exact moment he fell was looking up upon hearing a muffled giggle, the blonde standing above him as he hid his smile behind a stack of books.

"for someone so big, you sure are clumsy. you can't get a book yourself?"

mingyu doesn't even want to explain the strange sound that escapes his mouth, like a strangled chicken. why he's compared himself to a chicken is something he'll regret later, but for now he'd rather figure out how to not look like a complete fool in front of the cutest boy he's ever seen.

"i–er–uhm–yes?"

minghao kneels down in front of him, mingyu still in the same awkward position he was in on the floor, a mess of tangled limbs and books.

"yes, you can't get a book yourself?" minghao asks, nodding his head slowly to get his point across with just a bit of sarcasm in his voice.

"yes–no–i mean hi." mingyu answers, clearing his throat since he couldn't do the same with his dignity. he figures sitting up would be a good start.

the boy in front of him smiles, "hello."

"do you plan on staying down here, or should i get some help?" the blonde asks as he looks around mingyu for any injuries.

"n–no." mingyu responds almost immediately. he thinks this might be the worst and best thing to ever happen to him. when minghao brings his hand to his face his breath hitches, and he can't help but blush.

"i'm just checking to see if you have a fever." minghao gives him a half smile, retracting his hand to place on his own head to see if there's a difference. not that he'd be able to tell anyway. "i don't think you're sick.." he mumbles, looking down to see if one of his books can help him.

mingyu waves his hand, dismissing the idea. "i'm–trust me, i'm not sick. just, just rethinking my life choices."

the latter tilts his head, "on the ground?"

"on the ground." the taller repeats with a laugh.

mingyu waits for the boy to speak again, but he just silently thinks in front of him. maybe mingyu should be the one to speak, at least get his number–

"well alright, if you say so." the blonde gives him a smile before standing, pulling the stack of books closer to his chest. "pick those up before you leave so no one else gets hurt, please?"

before mingyu could respond he turns and walks away much to the taller's dismay.

it doesn't stop him from seeing the small xu minghao stitched onto the back of the boy's bag.

mingyu keeps that name close to his heart.