XV. no one else can die

Chapter Fifteen 

no one else can die

3rd person pov 

the three girls sat there for a while in silence and veah stared at the girl until they all got sick of sitting there not moving and not doing anything. it was sickening and dora was tired of waiting. 

"you guys I didn't sign up for this" she stated and veah nodded in agreement 

"I don't think any of us did dora" veah said and dora sighed as she stared at the ceiling and then she looked around waiting for something. they could hear footsteps outside and they all stared at each other. they didn't want to look but they had to. it could end badly and they would never know. 

"should we check?" katya asked and veah nodded as she lifted her head and looked over the counter to see one of the killers walking around in a black dress coat and a clown mask. veah dropped down and shook her head to let them know that it was the killer. dora looked at katya who wanted to take the chance but veah couldn't let her. she couldn't let her do that to herself and she wouldn't let her do that to herself. 

"what do we do?" dora asked and veah shook her head. she didn't know what they were supposed to do, one part of her wanted to jump out and attack this person and the other wanted to stay hidden and never see the light of day for the rest of their life. they didn't want to deal with this and they wouldn't. 

"we stay here and wait. we can't die, no one else can die" veah told the girls who nodded their heads and stayed in their spots. they waited and waited until they heard someone panting and they heard someone calling for them 

"DORA" they heard and veah looked at dora 

"alex" she whispered and she went to stand up but veah stopped her making the girl make eye contact with her and stare at her. 

"dora wait, it could be a trick, he could be a killer" she suggested and dora stared at her. she couldn't believe that veah had suggested such a thing but she knew that the girl wasn't in the wrong to say it. she was right, he could be the killer and if he was, then he would kill his sister in cold blood with no care in the world and veah couldn't lose her right now. 

"he's my brother v" she said 

"I know dora, I know but that doesn't mean he isn't apart of this" she stated and dora scoffed 

"and how do I know that you're not? how do I know that you arent one of them and you've been leading us to separate us and hurt us" she said and katya froze. she stared at veah and now she thought about it. veah looked at katya and then at dora 

"if I was the killer, you would already be dead. i wouldn't care about splitting you up or killing you one on one, I would hurt you right then and there. i would have a plan and I would execute  it . if you think I'm the killer that's fine but I'm not. i don't know what will make you believe me but I can promise you that I'm not. i would've thought that my reaction when ronan died or when caden died or when juna died would tell you that much but apparently not" she said and dora stared at her. she wanted to believe veah but there was the possibility of being gaslit into believing she wasn't the killer and that scared dora. 

"DORA, HELP" alex called again and veah looked at dora again. they made eye contact and it was like they were fighting each other without the words. katya felt like a child who walks down the stairs and there your parents are, screaming, yelling, fighting, throwing things and just hating each other. she felt like a child yet again and she hated it. she had just lost her girlfriend and now she could lost the girl who felt like her sister and the girl who helped her with girl problems. the idea of losing one or the other from this was aching her and she didn't want to deal with anymore. 

"STOP. look dora, veahs right. he could be the killer I mean kaylin was apart of the group and she was one of the killers but veah, dora is also right, he's her brother who is outside with a killer right now. i know that you don't want to lose anyone else after everything that happened but this is her brother and her family and if she wants to go and save him and make sure that he's not dying that's her decision. There is a possibility that he could be the killer, but there's also a possibility that you could be or Dora could be or that literally anyone of us could be the killer. All I'm saying is we're gonna keep dying. This shit is gonna keep happening until there's one of us left or the killers are all dead and we can't keep hiding so she wants to go see if it's her brother let her." katya told veah who stared at her and then she looked at dora 

"go, but if I hear anything even remotely close to a murder sentence, a knife swipe or a gunshot, I will be rushing out there" she told her and dora nodded as she kissed veahs forehead and she stood up. 

veah just hoped he wasn't apart of this.

-ABBYS NOTES-

so sad that we're getting so close to the end but knowing that we are makes me glad considering I sort of let this book just rot and I feel horrible about that.